Solved Weldding for vehicle parts

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by bidwars, Feb 16, 2018.

1. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to create a part that will create welds for a vehicle. For example you could weld a door latch to the body so it would not open. The problem is that it does not work. In my jbeam file I created a part called weld with beams. The weld is setup to use existing nodes from the latches in doors, hood, or trunk. I can select the weld part in the vehicle parts editor but the beams are not set to FLX_MAX.

Can a part only consist of beams? What about if those same beams are already created (latches)? Would this require a completely new jbeam for each part door,hood, and trunk?

Here is the welds jbeam file I created.

Attached Files:

2. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Do your beams have identical names with the original ones? If so, they will conflict.

3. bluerider598

bluerider598
    Expand Collapse

You need to make sure your brackets/curly brackets are in the right places. Seems like they are not, and you can see this easily in notepad++.

4. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

The problem was the brackets/curly and also the breakgroups. Got it working thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice