Weird Stuff Happening to My Computer

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by TheDesigner, Jun 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TheDesigner

TheDesigner
    Expand Collapse

First, I'll list specs:
    cpu: Intel i5-4670k
    cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo
    mobo: MSI Krait
    ram: Corsair Vengence 8gb
    gpu: Asus gtx-970 strix
    psu: evga 750w
    storage: samsung 850 evo 120gb + WD Black 1 tb

Here's my problem:
    I frequently play CS:GO (most of you probably have heard or played) and I get on average 300 frames/sec. But when I went to play today, I get less than 7 frames, even with the graphics settings to the worst possible quality. I've done nothing to my computer, and these things are happening to me. :( It gets even weirder. I can start up BeamNG, select a map, and spawn in, but whenever I press any button, it instantly freezes and crashes. I have no clue what's going on. Is it my gpu? Steam? My games? Does anyone have a clue?

2. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Check for thermal throttling first. Download a program like Piriform Speccy, run it, keep it open while you let the game do its thing (basically run the game and let it crash or run badly), then quickly take a screenshot of Speccy and upload it here.

3. TheDesigner

TheDesigner
    Expand Collapse

I did what you said, but even weirder crap is happening:'
    What happened when i press windows key + tab:(
    Screenshot 2016-05-31 22.26.52.png
    This is the third time this happened, requiring me to restart my pc every time.
    Update:
    I am doing testing and can now play Beamng with no issues. I will now test CSGO.

4. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Assuming you hadn't just instantly started CS:GO and tabbed out, we can probably rule out thermal issues because those temps are pretty low.

If anything seriously wrong was happening you'd probably be overheating in Windows too. Not sure what the original issue could be.

5. TheDesigner

TheDesigner
    Expand Collapse

I'm just resorting to uninstalling all my games and apps, and steam, because maybe I changed something without knowing it, and hopefully that will work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice