Website and tech demo Ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BeamNG.Lover2002, Nov 26, 2018.

1. BeamNG.Lover2002

BeamNG.Lover2002
    Expand Collapse

From time to time there are glitches on the forums and that happens everywhere no matter what forum you are on but Beamng.Website really needs some of there pages fixed it is pretty annoying and the Beamng Techdemo really needs to be updated maybe running on DX11 for a start and having 2 vehicles and acess to the trackbuilder yes I have the full game but trying to persuade others os hard as they just download the techdemo and say the game is crap and not very relistake and I tell them that is an outdated version of the game and they say all games change but not very dramatically over a couple of years and I say they are wrong but like they believe me most people don't like a demo that shows nothing that the real game shows.
    if the devs and website moderators like this please add these ideas and options to your to do list but if u hate them just say so IDC what happenes and I know your plate is full with italy and the autobello and maybe a "surprize" byt I would love the ability to show people what the games capable of and prove people they should enjoy beam for what it is as that demo doesn't sell beamng.drive in the slightest.(besides crashing cars with slightly glitchy parts that clip other parts and fly into the distance)
    from @CrazySlavicPol -25 November 2018

ScreenShot2018-11-26at115952am.png ScreenShot2018-11-26at120230pm.png

2. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Oh boy, that must be the worlds longest sentence :p

But I do agree with what you say about the updated techdemo. I was trying to persuade my mate into buying BeamNG so he downloaded the techdemo and was less than impressed.
    I had to keep saying 'BeamNG isn't like this anymore, it's better now, you'll love it..'. I don't think he believed me.

The techdemo can be a big selling point for the game, so I think it's important to keep it at least somewhat updated. Currently it's nothing like what BeamNG is today.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I agree but i have no idea how much effort it can mean to strip exact parts of a game for a demo, then making sure that it doesn't has exploits that would give you benefits compared to the actual game (like, say, adding mods, or downloading them, and so on).

Either way, we should wait until the menus aren't a 50kbps powerpoint presentation before talking about a demo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

That's true, once the game gets more optimised I think it's time for a new demo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice