1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

We will miss you...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stiggy111, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

A couple of days ago, 4x4 enthusiasts around the world looked at any automotive news in shock: The Nissan X-Terra will be discontinued. Let us all take a moment of silence for this wonderful vehicle that filled our hearts with confidence for 15 years.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Nope, wont miss it.

3. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Neither will I, since I don't even know what he's talking about.
    Well, then again, I'm not that big of a car guy anyways.

4. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

my family had an xterra once. I think it was a 2000 and had circle headlights. Sadly my brother totaled it in a minor crash. He hit the corner just hard enough to bend the frame.

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

They're respectable enough cars, surprised they're being discontinued.
    Is it dwindling sales or did they pull a Ford and discontinue a really well selling car just to replace it with something that doesn't really appeal to anyone?

#5 Potato, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  6. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

who cares, I work for NISSAN and NO ONE cares about the XTerra, everyone who had one is going for the last generation Pathfinder used. They were terrible trucks. besides being SOMEWHAT dependable, they sucked in most aspects compared to the Tacoma/4Runner lineup. Yea, the Nissan has slightly more power. Everything else, the Toyotas beat them in. pretty much. (see sig) I did plenty of research before buying my truck, I am not spending 700 bucks a month on something that turns out to have paint fade and broken switches after 20K miles.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly has to due with the MPG ratings, trucks like that are ultimately going by the wayside since the XTerra brought the NISSAN Average MOG down, significantly...as well as the Titan and Armada.

The new Rogue has the same engine (2,5L 4 Cyl 170 HP) as the last rogue (still sell it as the rogue select actually now) but it gets a lot better mileage, due to lighter materials, better engine tuning, better CVT tuning, and other MPG-saving measures. They will most likely just have something new replace the XTerra, with Unibody construction, and most likely better all around performance with a DOHC V6 with VVT and all sorts of MPG friendly bits. But the XTerra was always so Blech, Bland, Blah, Ugh, etc. everytime I saw one :/

7. Jester The Joker

Jester The Joker
    Expand Collapse

wont miss it either, more of a muscle car guy myself

8. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

My mother has an '06 XTerra 4x4 auto.

Steering is slow, heavy, not much feel.

Transmission is electronically controlled, so in addition to the typical torque converter throttle lag, it takes about a half second to downshift in response to heavy throttle. It also takes about a half second to respond to the gear selector.

Paint is laughably thin and chips if you sneeze at it. Also, little bits of rust started eating into the paint shortly after we got it (used, about '07 or '08 maybe?). Dealer blames rail dust at the factory and doesn't want to deal with it. Now the back bumper has rust bubbling out from inside (full disclosure: I don't think that was happening during the rail dust incedent).

Fuel level sensor likes to derp out, leaving you with a check engine light and a gas gauge that only reports readings when it feels like it, reading empty the rest of the time.

Coolant leaks into the transmission fluid. Don't ask me how that works.

Do I miss it? Actually, sort of. I think, for off-roading and general manliness, big displacement N/A engines and body-on-frame construction are the way to go. The insane new CAFE rules on the way are going to cause an automotive dark age worse than the 70's and 80's (at least as far as performance and machismo quotient), and I'm pretty sure they're unconstitutional.

9. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

The discontinued it because of dwindling sales. The segment that it is in, body-on-frame SUVs are running out. Only the Jeep Wrangler, Toyota 4Runner, and GMC/Chevrolet Tahoe, Suburban/ Yukon, Yukon XL. Not too many SUVs are built like how they should be. Everyone likes the "o' so great" crossover thingy. I sure don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I have always thought that the X-Terra was different looking from the rest of the crowd. Its odd-shaped roof line, and overall body design were just-- different.

#9 Stiggy111, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  10. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Another thing about the XTerra, specifically its appearance: that's not your mind playing tricks on you or failing to notice the wide fenders, that thing really is taller than it is wide. That's probably due to the roof rack, but I still wouldn't trust this thing to go into a curve fast and come out with the greasy bits still facing the road.

11. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

dwight.jpg

The Office throwback..

12. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

That's some real prime-time muchado about a nothinmuch vehicle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice