1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Vivace fuel economy issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by vmlinuz, Apr 10, 2020.

1. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I am getting bad fuel economy with the Vivace. I tested it by getting on the Utah highway and doing a few laps (sixth gear, cruise control set to 60 MPH), and I only averaged 28 MPG. Consider the comparable Ford Fiesta 1.0 - which gets around 43 MPG highway according to the EPA. Am I doing something wrong, or does the efficiency need to be tweaked?

2. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

60 is quite fast, try 55. also, make sure you're using a wheel or controller, since turning with a keyboard is very rough. keep in mind that yes, it should get good mpg, but it's also mainly made for city usage (the 1.2L model at least). but yeah 28 is pretty bad.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I took your advice. It worked better this time.

Utah, two laps, 55 MPH, high gear cruise tests:
    Vivace 110: 39.5 MPG
    Vivace 160: 41.0 MPG
    Vivace 230S: 32.5 MPG
    Vivace S 410Q Arsenic: 25.2 MPG <- Would this even be legal to own in the EU?

4. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

those seem to be realistic numbers, my mom's NA crosstrek CVT gets around 34-36 average, mostly highway driving with some city mixed in.

as for the legality of 25.2 MPG, i have no clue. honestly i don't see why it would be illegal considering there's ferraris and such with far worse fuel economy ratings. it is a mad sports car trim with like 400hp so...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

I live over in the UE and AFAIK there are no laws about fuel efficiency, only co2 and stuff like this

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Because the transmission friction is TOO HIGH
    BeamNGdrive-019109968-RELEASE-x642020_4_2521_44_19.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice