1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Vehicle Suggestions reworking.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, May 23, 2017.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Should we just make a new thread?

2. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

People will complain, and if this does work, people will start spamming in there too.
    --- Post updated ---
    The problem is, while VS is a trash can, I still like to pick out those few good ideas. Some people seem to have put hours of work into one suggestion. That's the only reason why I care about the thread.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also Community screens has been deleted. Whether or not temporary. VS will gain usage in these next through hours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

Better yet: take down the entire Vehicle Suggestions thing. It'll cull the shitposting by a large amount, instead of containing it there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

People will complain. You can never make the 10 year olds happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

What are underageb&'s doing on the forum anyway?

When did we (aka, this forum) go so wrong and let the "cancer" (10-year olds and other shitposters) in?

6. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Because the INTERNET.

7. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

The Internet != cancer.

Look at forums like KnightRiderOnline for example. Nearly dead, but the inherent cancer hasn't settled in, because the owners keep it free of stupid shit.

Ergo, your argument isn't totally valid.

#27 Justy4WDTURBO, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  8. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Well, I dunno. Some forums just naturally have it hard.

9. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

So you want the devs to ban people 24/7 rather than actually working on the game we're all here for?
    Let cancer be cancer and ignore it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I feel like the only way to get a "Proper" vehicle suggestions thread is to name it something that new users would probably avoid... like Forum Rules... then only the experienced users would know what it actually was... Once new users have been around long enough to figure out how everything works around here, then they might find out what that thread is actually used for and finally make a proper post.

11. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

But that feels like cheating... Also won't people figure out?

12. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I dunno, probably... and it's not cheating, its called using your resources.

13. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I know... Just feels wrong.

14. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Putting rules in that thread would sort of defeat the purpose I think, its just a dumping ground for crap that new members post so we don't have 10000 threads asking for different cars. They would ignore or not notice the thread rules most of the time anyway and its not like anyone actually reads that thread other than to suggest a vehicle then leave..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Maybe we should just ignore it?

16. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

My belief for the vehilce suggestions (and probably many other threads) is that there should be some kind of verification stage for new members.

I've been on quite a few forums where for the first 10-20 posts of a user need to be approved before they are actually posted onto the site. Whatever doesn't meet the rules, is not posted and some kind of reason is sent to the user who can either repair the post, or just not post it at all. It could also just be a feature enabled for certain threads (like the original development screenshots thread).

Of course, it would require a ton of people to read through all of the garbage, but I (and probably many others) would be happy to volunteer to go through that trash on a daily basis if it meant that the forums would be cleaner.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

That would be a good feature to have on this forum.

18. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's impossible to stop people from lying. Unless you make the registration process require proof of age, which would deter regular users from signing up, there are going to be people who lie about their age.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

Except it won't happen. The devs rather like see a forum go to complete trash than applying chemo/deleting all the shitposting and whatnot.

20. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I had a forum ranks rant (Including a 5 page long post). It's in the forums. Tdev shot it down. Not happening sadly. :(

Also, the 10 year olds are smart enough not to reveal their age, and due to that, the devs can't bean them. I'm pretty sure a lot of the members that claim that they're 20 or something have a single digit age.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, there is no logic to the shitposting in that thread. tdev's not gonna wake up in the morning and see that @MLGPRODOGE420 "WANZ A BUGADDI NAO BECAUZ IT'S FAST AND EPIC memes. wow. much doge" and say "Gabester should do that!" and make it. Not gonna happen. But people continue to shitpost in there and bury the good requests. I'm all for a new suggestions thread with rules. The current one is pointless. I'm gonna PM nadeox and state my case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice