1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Vehicle Suggestions reworking.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, May 23, 2017.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I think this thread is in serious need of a reworking. It's just tons of pics of real cars, occasionally with real names. Occasionally there is a useful post, but those are buried with pictures of real cars.

There needs to be some new guidelines for it. It would be useful it it wasn't so spammy.

I think there should be new rules:
    1: No requesting real cars
    2: One request per post (To prevent walls of requests from one user)
    3: Provide some explanation as to why we need your vehicle, a couple well-thought out sentences to an essay if you want, but put some effort into it
    4: Possible configs/features/parts. Basically, more details to what you are proposing, and how it should be implemented
    5 (Optional): A (Custom)drawing/rendering of that vehicle

I'm not trying to forum police here, but that thread would be really useful to everyone, if it was reworked to be less spammy and more informative and creative.

2. karost

karost
    Expand Collapse

I'm confused, what is not a real car?

not meant to seem salty.

3. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

I mean...thats some nice ideas and all, but do you really think the 10(or younger)yr olds that make it so terrible would even read them? I dont see much sense in that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Make up a fake name for the car. Don't say: I would like a bugatti veyrorn!1!!!11!!!!!!!!!!1111111plzplzplzplzplzpzpzl!!
    --- Post updated ---
    Yup. There are some people who ignore the "Does your post contribute to the thread?" Thing. Cough Cough marijn123@lol Cough Cough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

This is a bad idea. It would end up leaving the what's new tab permanently filled with suggestions/requests

6. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah... People have done like 50 in one post... That would be a looot of notifications for the people who try to find the good ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. karost

karost
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but still if the vehicle don't exist what is the guy modding going to start off with? They only have a name for what their creation could be named...

If I sound salty, I really don't mean to.

8. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

You can use pics of a real car, but youre supposed to make up a fake name so it could be theoretically put in the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Well, Just say, heres an example: ETK 2000 Series (BMW 2002) The name is changed, but the car is based completely off of a real car. It's like rebadging.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Should I start in this thread?

11. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

What do you mean?

12. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

What, with the suggestions? No, haha
    This is just supposed to make the devs implement the rules into the other thread. Awesome that you would stick to them though

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

If i was going to make a mod i would NEVER look in vehicle suggestions. I bet only 1-2 cars have ever boon build from there.

14. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

There have been some, but they have been good ones. Like the U-series.

15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Deleted

#15 EruptionTyphlosion, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  16. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I wanZ an Bugadii Veron willl U mak IT? Plz I am ony 5 and I wanz mah dreem to comz troo!

• Like Like x 1
  17. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The thing is though, is that the ideas and suggestions section is pretty much ignored by nearly everyone except the newer users. New users have a bit of a reputation for not following rules. You can probably guess where this is going.

Trying to come up with new rules for it is just pointless. The way it works now doesn't bother people (except maybe you and a few others), and it definitely isn't broken. So why try to fix it if it isn't broken?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Vehicle suggestions is just a thread for new inexperienced users to spam. Id just let it be the way it is, bc otherwise they'd flood other parts of the forum we actually care about...
    There's a sh*thole in every city, right?

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

As usual, you bring forth good ideas, however, I just don't know about the Vehicle Suggestions thread. From what I've observed, the thread has had almost no attention from the devs for a few years now, and it has had little to no contributions to BeamNG's development, other than the revelation of a semi, which later turned out to be the T-Series, and gabester talking about the Charmand. Synsol also had a post there with a picture of a Chevrolet minivan, but I don't know about that one. If it was from either gabester, B25Mitch, or Jalkku, my reaction would be different.

I've come to the conclusion that the thread is pretty much on life support, with said life support being users still posting there, giving it the only form of relevance it gets. I think either locking it or deleting it would be the best way to go, even though this would mean some issues with the kind of users mentioned in posts above mine. I see where you guys are coming from by it serving as a "trash can" for mediocre suggestions made by users that hasn't put much time, thought, and effort into them, but doesn't that defeat the thread's original purpose? What I'm trying to say is, why keep it if it ain't going to be used or even noticed by the devs?

20. karost

karost
    Expand Collapse

Ok, now I get it. Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice