Outdated Vantage City V0.2

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by FS16, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should I continue this?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2016.
  1. Yea m8

80.6%
  2. I don't care

10.4%
  3. OMG please stop working on this awful map

9.0%
  1. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

OUTDATED VERSION. REFER TO THE MODS PAGE FOR THE NEWEST ONE

Welcome to Vantage City. (I changed the name)
    Vantage City is an abandoned industrial city. It features abandoned buildings, roads, and more.

UPDATE CHANGELOG V0.2:
    Some new buildings and roads, more details beside the road, a jump

INSTALLATION:

Drag and drop into \Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods

NOTE:
    There is a small bugfix you will need to do.
    Enter the windowed mode by pressing ALT + Enter. Then hit F11, go to the right and klick onto the register scene and open the folder mission group. Scroll to the bottom and delete the object scatter sky. After this, go to edit (left top) and klick undo. Then you're done and can exit the world editor by pressing F11 again. If anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me

Screens:
    screenshot_00216.png screenshot_00217.png screenshot_00218.png screenshot_00219.png screenshot_00220.png

Attached Files:

#1 FS16, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Im looking at your terrain and right off the bat before I install anything I notice there are path errors in your .mis, and it doesn't seem to contain the right objects.

You packed the wrong .mis file. Backtrack and figure out where you made your error.I am sure there are more issues aswell but start here. With that then we can see whats up.

3. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Ok, will remove download and see whats wrong

4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Everything you need for your level should be somewhere inside your My Documents folder if you are having issues with saving. As for I dont know how you started I can only assume its saving issues.

Lets locate the updated .mis of your terrain and open it up in notepad or notepad++.
    This is the start to locate path errors in the objects you are using. The .MIS is basically your SceneTree in a file. This is whats loaded into the game when you open your terrain.

5. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

It was a saving issue, thank you.
    I'm very new to modding so every help is very helpful

6. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I know how you feel :p I still find myself learning new things even after figuring out how to work on vehicles and terrains.
    Something that can be helpful is having a test machine around where you can see if you can load your terrain on another machine from a fresh install of your terrain. If this works then great! your terrain is ready for release.

If it isnt, then I assume there are path errors in the .MIS and in the materials.cs files of the art folder.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  8. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

9. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

New Update!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice