UTE/Finned Burnside (don't bump)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by TheMurlocTamer, May 24, 2017.

1. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

Being how popular the UTE is in Australia, It'd be cool to see a UTE configuration for the Burnside

But it's also be cool to see a late 50's restyle of the Burnside as well, with fins!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I do know that Atomix made one, however, I don't know if it's going to be released or not. One user that works with him said it would come soon, but that was back around late March - early April. I got into a bit of a scuffle with him over it, not Atomix, but the other user.

He made up valid points as to why there would be such a delay, but I'm still skeptical, considering that there are mods Atomix has connections with that I am absolutely more than 80% positive are private, in particular a Ford Falcon XB mod.

Also, I don't know if fins could work for the Special. When I think of fins on cars, I think late 50's - early 60's and not early 50's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Fins really came into play in the 60's, not 50s.

4. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

1958 Plymouth Fury

1962 Plymouth Fury

1959 Cadillac Elderado

1962 Impala

1957 Bel Air

Well I'm asking for a Late 50's restyle of the Special, if you didn't actually read my post

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I did read your post. I thought you meant modifying the current Burnside.

6. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't have to be a burnside I just want a ute. Why? Cause ute.

• Like Like x 1
  7. King of Unnecessary Saves

King of Unnecessary Saves
    Expand Collapse

What? You mean 1948. Cadillac stubby fins. "Fishtails," "P-38's," whatever you call them. Harley Earl said he was "inspired" by the Lockheed P-38 Fighter. Then, Cadillac did boxy fins from 1954-56. In 57, fins went through a total redesign, even more boxy, not on the Eldorado Biarritz and Seville though. They jutted out of the body on the Eldorado's. Not on the 57' and 58' Eldorado Broughams, still boxy, but much fancier than the normal Eldorado.
    Cadillac set in place a whole movement, so it's true, in the early 1950's, 1950-54 most cars didn't have fins. Fins came out on most car brands in 55', most of which were just chrome things sticking onto the body. Ford had quite subtle fins, Lincolns had 4, front and rear in 1957, (First shown on their "Futura" Concept, soon to be Batmobile,) Mercury's fins were subtle like Fords, all of Ford went through a redesign in 52', coming out with a much boxier design, to cooperate with Lincolns new design because of Lincoln's new Overhead Valve V8.
    59' Pontiacs had 6 Fins, 2 on top of the taillights, and one on the bottom, 59' Chevys had quite crazy ones, they were formed into the rear fenders, going to the side, in 1960 Chevrolet had the same thing, just a bit boxier, I should know, my father owns a 60' Chevy Wagon and a 59' El Camino. Kaiser in 54-55 just had chrome taillights that were shaped like fins. Like most independents.
    In 59, Cadillac went all out. Harley Earl smashed one of the concepts for the 59' Cadillac, and he said, "Make em' a foot taller!" Fins were evolutionary, they went from stubby and awkward to dramatic and insane. Most foreign nations were slow to progress, (From a design standpoint, technologically, England was more advanced, what with their Ford Consul Zephyr lineup,) Japan had their "Prince Gloria" with fins in 57'.
    In summary, fins were in fact quite popular in the 50's, the mid to late. not the earlier part of the decade. Some brands stuck with them well into the 60's, Cadillac, I think that's it, just Cadillac. Most auto makers kept their fins for the 1960 Model year, but 61' on, fins were obsolete, a mere styling trend. I hope this long useless history lesson has taught some people. Someday, the fin shall rise again. (Note the 2016 Cadillac Escalade, it has tiny fins in their plastic taillights.

Attached Files:

• cd1948series60special1847723.jpg
    • 102140_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
    • 112769_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
    • 1954_Kaiser_Manhattan_Rear_by_RuppRider73.jpg
    #7 King of Unnecessary Saves, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

There's this secret place called "vehicle suggestions" where these kind of things will be taken more seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Please stop saying everything should go into "vehicle suggestions." You're just going to get everyone mad.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for telling people to follow the suggestions rules. Maybe next time we can just do away with the vehicle suggestions thread and the rules and see 90 consecutive threads about people asking for multiplayer or a real life vehicle like in the good ol' days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

People don't have to put things like this in Vehicle Suggestions if they don't want to. Please, just try to not take things too serious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

His name tells eveything ,lol.
    --- Post updated ---
    oh and and u are too late to say "put it in vehicle suggestoon plss" .Look at that date, "MAY 24" brahhhhh that's really late

13. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

2 months ago, I thought this was more of a "mod suggestion" considering I saw suggestions for official content variants here, I also thought it would be lost in the forums fairly quickly, but then SOMEONE had to bump it for no reason...
    a "vehicle suggestion" would be asking for an entire car, wouldn't it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

u r right!

15. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Its not that i want every single vehicle suggestion thread to be in the vehicle suggestion thread.

I mind more the fact that people dont read the first bold-lettered link that claims "Vehicle suggestions" which is also a sticky, and instead decide to post it directly into the suggestions board.

And i care about that because?

16. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

I did read that post, and yelling at me for a thread I can't move isn't going to help.

17. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

i didn't yell at you?

18. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

Where you talking to King of Unnecessary Saves then?

19. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

nope. I did realize i did a mistake. But i didn't "yell" at you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice