Using Modifiers for the 3D model

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by PDR2777, Aug 27, 2019.

1. PDR2777

PDR2777
    Expand Collapse

Hello there, I was wondering if it is possible to use modefiers on my 3d Model and then use this model with those modefiers applied. Modefiers like mirror or subdivision (Blender)

Thanks in advance :)

2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Hi :) Well, if you used modifiers on your model in Blender I guess they are already applied aren't they ?
    Export model again to the .zip and see what happens. You might have weird textures in your altered model..
    Anyway don't forget to backup or save the original files somewhere. :)

3. ferrettank

ferrettank
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Just make sure when you export as a .dae in Blender you click the "apply modifiers button" :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. PDR2777

PDR2777
    Expand Collapse

Alright, thank you for your answers :)

5. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Yep, thats the big one... especially when using "Edge Split Modifier" as in Blender your model will look spectacular, but then once you get it in game it looks like it was whittled out of a block of cheese... gets me every time as Blender also likes to uncheck that box periodically...

So if you export and your model looks like crap, go back and make sure that box is checked... 90% of the time that ends up being the problem and will save you TONS of time trying to fix issues that don't actually exist.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. PDR2777

PDR2777
    Expand Collapse

The problem which i constantly have is that the game crashes instantly when loading up the model. I am new to car creation so I am using this tutorial to get started. https://wiki.beamng.com/Introduction_to_Vehicle_Creation

I will make a model now in Blender and try to get it working with the tutorial and show you then, which errors i get.

7. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

There IS a difference between crashing and error in vehicle/object. If your games crashes something
    more serious is going on then a mod that doesn't work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice