Use Of Node Grabbing To Install *Functioning* Parts Onto A Car?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Acrain7, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

Dear anyone who reads this, I have an idea! :D

WIth the new update allowing the attatchment of cars to other cars, and props to cars, and so on, would it be possible to attatch say, a muffler onto the exhaust pipe/routing of a car and have it function? :D even the replacement of tires/rims on a car or re-attatchment of headlights to a car and have them functional, to create a sorotof beam mechanic simulator 2020? :D

this is just a thought, would be cool to see this implemented as a shop (props from vehicle selector) in which you would click on a car, and instead of bringing up presets/configs of the car it would bring up a selection of all of the parts from the car, with rims and engines being separate "vehicles" in the shop / "vehicle" selector! then you would attatch the parts onto the car via node grabber, but have them physically attatched so when I disable node grabber they wont fall off and they would function with the car!

this could even be used as a replacement for the modifications menu or used in the garage or campaigns for restorations or general repairs! and I dbout this would be hard to create, because the ability to attatch parts to cars already exists and we already have the ability to replace parts on cars with more powerful or custom parts!

(I was bored in an airport, ok?)

cant wait to see what ya'll think about this! :D
    -Acrain7

2. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

if you're lucky enough you can couple them togheter (like doors, hood, trunk, fenders) but you need to be lucky as i said to have the nodes to align with theirselfs

3. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

that is true, so maybe this could work in the garage and it would automatically snap on and the object would be replaced with the corresponding part from the modification menu like it is in all Car Mechanic Simulator 2015/2018

4. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

If someone make a script for this is kinda probable, but i dont think that functinal parts, like lights, wheels or a engine could work this way

5. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

why? they could act like the lights on a trailer do, wheras when the trailer is connected to the truck the lights on the trailer now activate when you activate the trucks headlights are activated!
    just replace the trailer with the headlight and the truck with the car, and they could be coupled into place to be made functionable! :D

6. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

That makes sense, but idk if the game's engine could do that, is all over Torque 3d engine

7. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

honestly any modder could do the idea for the light couplings at this point, cough cough get to work modders cough and the rest of this could all just be an animation/simulation in the garage, where yo add or replace a part with another part you drag said part onto the car and it would replace it with the corresponding part and painting the car could use a paint tool of some sort. :D

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice