USA, European or Asian cars?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Tijnonline, Sep 2, 2013.

?

usa, european or asian?

1. American!

101 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. European!

173 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. Asian!

65 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. Tijnonline

Tijnonline
    Expand Collapse

So what do you prefer?

2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

European!!!!

3. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Depends. I like classic American muscle cars, sports cars, and trucks, but everything else in America looks awful.
    I really like The BMWs, Audi's, and Mini Coopers for European cars, then everything else in Europe is as equally awful as America.
    The only Asian cars I like are the drift/rally type cars such as subarus, lancer evos, and nissans.

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

American cars. A lot of people think that we just go in straight lines which is true for muscle cars but we have plenty of cars that can turn just as well as Euro cars. Corvette, Viper, Ford GT, etc. The difference is that they are a lot simpler and better to drive. They may not be as well made but they are usually cheaper and more powerful than their Euro counterparts. (Dodge Challenger. $40,000 with a 5.7L Hemi)

5. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

I prefer European exotic cars, american classic and muscle cars, and Asian cars like any Mitsubishi, Nissan sports cars, etc.

6. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

Yer hard to decide i love American muscles, love European sports cars and Asian tuning cars

7. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

I love American classics and muscles. But I also like some European classics, like the Jaguar E-Type. And I also like European exotics, like the Lamborghini Aventador.

8. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

I voted for European cars, but I love American cars, too. I went to the 24h of Le Mans this year, and believe me, when a Corvette goes past you can feel the V8 through your whole body. It is awesome. The Viper was back this year too. The car looks so cool :) But yeah I also love European cars. I'd love to have a Lotus. Maybe a '90s Lotus Esprit. Those things handle so good :) My favourite Euro cars are the Lambo's, Zonda's and some of the Porsches. I don't like most Japanese cars although the Nissan GT-R is an exception. Japanese cars handle well though.In GT5 they used to handle much better than all the Euro and USA cars. But I guess that's just because Kaz is from Japan too so he puts more time and love into Japanese cars

9. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

asian as long as you don't count russian cars and mitsubishis lol.

I drive a pos buick though.

10. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

I like European cars quite a lot, but asian cars does not come long after.

11. Mitki4a

Mitki4a
    Expand Collapse

I like the big old Caddys and muscle cars, but for the best car ever I prefer Mercedes S65 AMG just because the sound...:cool:
    European cars are the best thanks to the germans:)

12. Flexiny

Flexiny
    Expand Collapse

I'm European but I like USA cars :p

13. Kryotex

Kryotex
    Expand Collapse

I prefer European cars, especially German

14. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

huge +1
    A lot germans think bad about american cars like Ford Mustang, but actually an Mustang beats BMW M3 GTR.
    Also the quality isnt that better.

I am 100% for american pony cars and pickups like Ford F150 Raptor.

15. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

I prefer Japanese cars over European or American cars.

16. Summerfriend

Summerfriend
    Expand Collapse

Wow, what a huge margin of european cars winning. I've had an American car before, but for the price I got it for (I don't live in states, that's the problem) I would have been better off with a mid-tier Mercedes or top of the range Audi A8..

I guess American cars don't fare up because no matter how high you'll pay for (which is obviously cheaper than other country cars if we think in rough general estimates), it won't be as nicely equipped. I do like most of car designs Americans have, but that's about it.

My list would've gone like this

1st. European (which would mean German cars ONLY, the rest unless you want design, then go for Italian)
    2nd. Western Asian - Japanese make superb cars, it's undeniable
    3rd. With only landbarges from America counting as something cool enough to own.

17. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I can't speak for the reliability of any particular continent's vehicles. In my family we have two German cars, three American cars, and one Japanese car (my Maxima), and none of them have had any reliability problems (well, my car had a weird electrical gremlin, but that was it). The newest car is our Ford Ranger which is 4 years old and our oldest is my dad's Audi which I think is getting on 8 years (with no problems at all). My brother's Jeep Liberty is also about 8 years old and again, has had zero problems and minimal maintenance.

Anyways I think the stereotypes about cars from certain countries being unreliable are stories of a vocal minority. Most cars, even notoriously unreliable ones, will work fine for a long time for 9 out of 10 owners.

These days things are becoming so globalized that most things aren't from where they seem. Lots of Chevys are actually Korean Daewoos. American Fords are increasingly British. Bugatti, a French manufacturer in the 1930s, is owned by Volkswagen, as is Lamborghini, an Italian manufacturer. Fiat and Chrysler are now joined at the hip and that means there's a bit of Italian in all the newest Chrysler products and quite a few Chryslers being sold in Europe as Fiats. Mazda was part-owned by Ford for a while. Somehow Saab (GM-owned at the time) had a badge engineered Subaru in their lineup at one point. Suzuki has been tossed around from company to company on what seems like a yearly basis. There's a Suzuki SX4 clone called the Fiat Sedici. Things are weird.

At the end of the day, how you even define the nationality of a car? By all logic, a Bugatti Veyron is German. All the engineers who worked on it are VAG engineers. Yet Bugatti is a French marque. Are Lamborghinis German or Italian? They're a bit of both. Switchgear and electronics come from Volkswagen/Audi, while the chassis and engine are Italian engineered. Something like a Chevy Cruze was probably put together by an international team of engineers and designers, so it's not strictly an American car. It's sold as a Daewoo in places and a Holden in others. So is it American, Korean, or Australian?

#17 gabester, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

My opinion on american vehicles cannot be accurately expressed through text.

I'll say this though. They provide a flawless example of how not to design, produce, and market an automobile.

I truly hope you're joking. My head hurts just trying to come up with something to say to that.

19. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Boss 302 Mustang is faster around Laguna Seca than an M3. Just sayin' ;)

20. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Meh, that doesn't bother me. I'm certainly not a bmw fan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice