1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

Well, technically some streets do have names already, namely those that have bus stops on them. You can see it during a Bus Route scenario. But we do need every street named (that makes sense to be named at least, not some dirt path somewhere in the jungle). The names could be shown in the navigation app and on the BeamNavigators in the cars, just like real GPS.

And while we're on the topic of bus routes and voiceover for the GPS, a voice that announces the next bus stop would be cool.
    Then again, I feel that real voices wouldn't really fit into the BeamNG universe with no drivers and no people.

I'd rather love an app to make your own bus routes in freeroam, which then show on the signs on the outside of the bus (Also an easier way to set this bus destination text. Doing it via the console with a command isn't very user-friendly.)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Some of the current street names contradict each other. There are some areas with multiple stops on the same street (such as the main road on ECA), and also in-game building signage (iirc, one street on WCA is called Harlem Street in the bus route mode, but a business on the street lists it as Canal Street).

My take on the voice issue:
    • I'd prefer no voice acting over really bad voice acting
    • It would be great to hear police radio chatter (provides a lot of useful information) or police using megaphones in pursuits, but I would personally like to avoid characters calling you in missions, that gets annoying.
    • Not sure if cutscenes should have voiceovers, might not work well with the comic-book artstyle.
    • You would have to record voice lines in multiple languages.
    Lastly, on the destination text, it should be available in vehicle customization much like license plate text.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

What is this secret command you speak of? I could have a lot of fun with this.

4. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

I found it in this thread, where someone asked a similar question:
    https://beamng.com/threads/how-to-set-the-bus-destination-text.53733/
    thomatoes50 gave the important answer:
    So as he says, open the console, select vehicle-lua in the small dropdown menu in the bottom left and paste in this command: (I've edited it for a bit more convenience, an example how you can fill it in is in his command.)

controller.onGameplayEvent("bus_onRouteChange", {direction="_", routeID="_"})

Just replace the _ after 'direction' with the main text you want it to say and the _ after 'routeID' with a number/text with max. 3 characters or one of these symbols:

[bng] [bus] [air]

I have sadly not found out whether there exist any more of these symbols... :confused:
    The result will be something like this:
    screenshot_2019-08-03_15-27-29.png
    Yes, I can confirm that you will have fun with this :p

#16664 TobiBenzi, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

dude I wish they would add some more taxi style stuff into the game and also like fix the interiors on police cars to make them actually police cars

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Interior options on the whole need work. I hope this is because it is lower priority than what is being worked on currently (UI, updates to old content, etc...)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I still want a Comcast-style, boxy, service truck type of deal for the D-Series. Unlikely for this update I’d say, but hopefully we get some more configs in 0.17.

8. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. happy birthday dear beamng, happy birthday to you.
    I wonder what the new wiki system will look like. Will it look like the new UI? The Changelog?

9. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

SO i dont think it means a thing, But Automation is updating. is it a stand alone update, or has this got something to do with a Update,

Let's see. The birthday is today and tomorrow is Wednesday. ( Tuesday )

But the dev sneak peak is not even a thing yet is the blog post so who knows

Attached Files:

• bandicam2019-08-0617-05-08-909.jpg
  10. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

automation has had like 3~4 updates for me over the course of this week and last week
    maybe it's because i'm in the test branch

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Kinda late, but considering the fact that the D-series has the most variants out of any vehicle we currently have, and the fact that Stoat, whose mod has both 2/4-door versions, is involved in the development of the Bluebuck, there's a really good chance that the Bluebuck will probably be the first official vehicle in Beam to share multiple body styles on the same platform (which is one of the major things that Beam currently lacks), which will hopefully set the standard for vehicles coming to Beam in the future. :)

#16671 Nathan24™, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  12. Four of Clubs

Four of Clubs
    Expand Collapse

You guys think we will have another shot at the winter wonderland achievement this December?

Attached Files:

• Annotation2019-08-06122559.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

There is no way the Bluebuck is getting even close to the D-Series in content. There's no evidence that the Bluebuck will have any alternate body styles other than the Coronet mod having 2/4 door versions, which doesn't mean anything. I still say if we get multiple body styles (which IMO we need) it won't be until around or even after 1.0
    --- Post updated ---
    Devs said the whole achievement system is getting reworked, so I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

I didn't saw that, where did they say that ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I remember a dev (Nadeox I think) said that when someone asked the same question over the winter

Edit: here
    Seasonal Achievements Are Annoying

16. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't dismiss that yet dude, there's a very high chance it'll have major content and most likely as much or more

17. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Speedtrap system as in FH3?

19. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

idk why but I got really big hopes when loading steam up today

20. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I feel like we'll see the update either tomorrow or Friday. We're right in the middle of the timeframe in which an update would be released based on previous durations between updates. Two years ago 0.10 was released on August 9th, which is this Friday. Due to the fact that the update will probably be released very soon, I doubt we will see a sneak peek. The only thing that feels a bit odd is that we have not seen a full picture of the Bluebuck. There really isn't that much to speculate about, we're just waiting for the update at this point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice