1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

I suppose you're right.
    However, it has been brought up so many times at this point. And if something more or less IS confirmed to happen, it isn't really speculation at this point is it? It would be different if someone saw a different bumper on a random screenshot, a hidden file hiding in the master directory or other signs.

Also make up your mind about what is speculation and what isn't.
    I hope, and I wonder is pretty much what speculation is but you seem to fight yourself.

#30701 Zero, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

If you get a warning message in the first few seconds after a map has been loaded (for instance, if you spawn underwater and your engine starts to hydrolock), a different icon will appear beside the message. I can't get a screenshot as it only flashes for a second or two, but perhaps this is indicative of some new UI stuff on the horizon? :)

3. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I would say that is because the bolide has brake options, and is a high performance vehicle, so it has ventilated disks instead of solid disks. Also, the pigeon is such a small car so it can easily be remastered in the same update as another car.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

The new UI will come out eventually, but we have no clue when. Also if you want a screenshot for something that appears for a brief period of time use a screen recorder or an instant replay if you have an AMD or Nvidia GPU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

Hey, while it does seem like this by these two posts, they doesn't really tell the full story. iirc there were about 7 posts here in a row that were simply "I hope we get X" or "I wonder if we will ever get Y". These posts were deleted by the moderators a few days after they were made. While it does seem like this second post you mentioned is going against myself, it isn't meant to be like that as I wasn't really wondering anything here (I use question marks for things I'm not sure about) and while I do hope for this, I also actually expect the devs to do this.

I probably won't reply to this convo anymore unless there is something I need to say because I feel like this might turn into an argument.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Subarishi_Motors

Subarishi_Motors
    Expand Collapse

Nah, I mean a V10 or V12 wouldnt be too much heavier then a V8 probably like an extra 60 pounds

7. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

What about room in the engine bay though? Cause the V10 and especially a v12 would be longer and there still needs to be room for the radiator and other stuff.

8. Subarishi_Motors

Subarishi_Motors
    Expand Collapse

Actually no since its a v12 its got 6 cylinders on each side so its just as long as a i6. same goes for a V10, 5 cylinders on each side so engine bay room wouldnt be an issue

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. XR8guy

XR8guy
    Expand Collapse

if the bolide did get the (largely discussed) racing version, what do you think it will have?

10. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

while the LeGran and Wendover got AWD, which is quite uncharacteristic for a car of that demographic, I seriously doubt the bolide will get AWD, as its RWD layout is fundamental to its "sketchy but rewarding" driving dynamics.

of course, one obvious thing to unlock more top-end power and add to such dynamics would be a set of nice big laggy turbos.

and to somewhat reign in all of that extra power, as I've mentioned before, it would be remiss of them not to add an insane long-tail/widebody group 5 version, both because it's one of only a few things you can logically add to such a car,
    and to aid with the "end-game desirability" of it, both in aesthetics, and in functionality, as a derestricted hill-climb version (like an 80s zyrus lp1200 huracan) could quite possibly become the fastest car in the game.

on the topic of more "normal" engine customisation, I would expect to see carburetors on the early models and fuel injection on the later models.

#30710 CaptainZoll, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

It'll definitely be RWD. Similar to the old 037 Lancias.
    It will most likely be either IMSA or a Rally car. So tubular chassis is possible.

12. EunosRoadster69

EunosRoadster69
    Expand Collapse

I drove down this thing in a different car (skoda 742) and a dramatic slowmotion cutscene got triggered. Idk if thats old news and i dont have a video of it but i just put it out there. could be a new upcoming feature for the remastered version of this map!

Attached Files:

• Skrmbild66.png
  13. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

That's been on the map for years

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rocker45

Rocker45
    Expand Collapse

The slowmotion cinematic camera has been in the game since forever now, the old Utah map had some locations you can jump from and it would trigger the camera. Not a new feature i'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  15. EunosRoadster69

EunosRoadster69
    Expand Collapse

Wow i feel like a noob now. I got this game 2 years ago and i didnt know about this... my favorite map... what else havent i seen? btw how come i cant trigger it anymore thats very strange. ive tried like atleast 10 times now

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. XR8guy

XR8guy
    Expand Collapse

try using the medium platform

17. EunosRoadster69

EunosRoadster69
    Expand Collapse

Oh it worked! thanks:)

18. zigaliro

zigaliro
    Expand Collapse

Could the next update have a new aero model? Under Automation little dev update video, Automation youtube channel responded to one of the comments with "BeamNG has been working on a new aero model that will be 100% compatible with Automation as far as I know."

• Like Like x 12
  19. Rocker45

Rocker45
    Expand Collapse

Can you provide us content hungry bunch with the name of the video said comment was posted under or preferably an image of the comment itself ?
    --- Post updated ---
    Ah here they are, seems like beam team is still in touch with the automation devs

Attached Files:

• 20210525_204303.jpg
    • 20210525_204318.jpg
    • Like Like x 16
  20. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

That font

• Agree Agree x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice