Released Update for the 68-71 Dodge Coronet (V1.2)

Discussion in 'Land' started by MC-H, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

#61 Belvedere58, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me or does the engine break too easily. Also I heard my name mentioned here and yes I'm still working on the Monaco.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MC-H

MC-H
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the brochure!

Hi, Vegas! Your Monaco looks beautiful! Keep up the good work.

The Coronet engine is significantly weaker than the ones in the official vehicles, with standard engine mounts. It has been this way since its original release, and I personally think it is more realistic. So I'm not planning on changing this. But if you want to increase the engine durability, use the "heavy-duty engine mount", which basically makes the engine indestructible.

4. DavidJ305

DavidJ305
    Expand Collapse

sure, the door panels did differ from trim to trim and year to year, funny enough the ones included in the base mod are actually for a 69 440(trim)/Super Bee

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

Why thank you I really appreciate it, I'm sure when it's done it'll go perfectly with this mod. Also that's a shame, on a couple rare occasions I managed to break the engine from getting rear ended, no where near the engine, oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MC-H

MC-H
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the report. That's interesting. I've never encountered this before, but I do agree that sometimes the impact that breaks the engine doesn't seem to make sense. I'll do some more observations, but it probably wouldn't be included in the next update.

7. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

speaking of next update. Since I am making that body anyways, If you ever wanted to I could help develop those 75 Coronets someone mentioned back there. I still need to finish the Monaco body but yeah, you ever need it let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eman 6945

Eman 6945
    Expand Collapse

I love this mod. And I don't mean to be a pain in the ass but could you add some sort of surging? The smooth idle just doesn't sound quite right especially since they are carbureted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

10. Ichinose_Shiki

Ichinose_Shiki
    Expand Collapse

I didn't know you were making a Monaco. Now I'm interested, not to sound demanding or anything but what year will it be?

11. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

It will be a 1977-78 model. I will also have the Plymouth Fury conversions and If the host of this post likes the idea I'll also convert it into a 75 Dodge Coronet. I'm also considering making coupe and wagon versions but we will just have to see. You can see the thread on my page the body is done, I am now working on the undercarriage.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MC-H

MC-H
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the report. I didn't pay close attention to the limiter. I'll rework this.

I didn't realize that you were waiting on my response, Vegas. I apologize for the delay. I wasn't in the mood to write anything yesterday.

I do like your idea, and I really appreciate your offer. It would be a great addition along with your Moncao.

13. Vegas777

Vegas777
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, just give me some time, it'll take shape then let me know. I am really taking my time on it so it'll be the best that it can be. I am learning as I go since I specialize in modelling so I'm currently on the easy part.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ichinose_Shiki

Ichinose_Shiki
    Expand Collapse

Bluesmobile?

15. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Thats a '74 Monaco, Coronets are different, plus the current one they are doing is the '77-78 year models

16. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Wow! This was a real stroll down memory lane. When I was a kid, my next-door neighbor had a '68 Coronet 440. Looking at the front end of this model is like looking 45 years into my past.

Of course, I had to crash it. I've added it to my American Road cliff crash series.

https://www.beamng.com/threads/american-road-high-mountain-crash-series.75945/#post-1267694

Thanks for the mod!

Edit: Since this isn't in the repo, is there somewhere to review it? I'd love to give it 5 stars.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MC-H

MC-H
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad to know that you are enjoying the car. However, I take no credit in its original creation. That goes to Stoat Muldoon and his team. All I did was "fixing" the glitched sounds, and adding some minor bits. There is no longer a repo version available.

• Like Like x 4
  18. mrsmash

mrsmash
    Expand Collapse

this is easily my favorite mod

19. Yenko

Yenko
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for this awesome mod!
    I've been cruising for 2 hours with a 68 440 six pack and enjoyed every minute. It is now my default vehicle.

#80 Yenko, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice