Unwanted Axle Wobble

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by u wot m8?, Oct 21, 2020.

1. u wot m8?

u wot m8?
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone, recently I have started working on a new project car and decided to write some new jbeam for the rear axle. Everything is going great except I have a problem: every time, even the slightest throttle is applied, the axle wants to shake itself to death. I've tried fixing it by tweaking the values, adding beams and what not, but nothing seems to work. I'd really appreciate if someone could explain it to me.

Attached Files:

2. jakelooker

jakelooker
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately can't provide exact jbeam advise...

It looks like the differential is able to rotate transversely (forwards/backwards) in relation to the driveshaft, but they should be a solid piece, so that won't help. I also can't see any control arms to prevent the axles moving forwards/backwards in the wheel well, that could be the main cause.

It would probably be helpful to show the jbeam view in the video to get a better idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

add better differential mounts, and better mounts for the spindles.

4. u wot m8?

u wot m8?
    Expand Collapse

I have managed to fix it by adding a couple beams from frame to the diff case as Trophy suggested. There's still some wobble when there is no body, but it's on a barely noticable level. Thanks for the help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice