unstable front wheel ( with ilustration )

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Sevennemesis, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

after the demand of how to create a clean front suspension, with the help of Gabester, My golf cart is steady and playable. ( thx )

but I am faced with a new problem, I create a system Front hub just like other cars, but my front wheels are very unstable! The suspension works well, and I can turn the wheels!

but it seems that the tie rods can not keep the wheels! when I drive too fast or when I ride over bumps, the wheels clamp, and opens. it's really complicated!
    p.s : ​the rear wheels works great!

#1 Sevennemesis, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

Re: unstable front wheel

i had the tie rods break when i tried to lower cars and turn. I think it might be the length of the tie rods but i never looked into it.

3. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

Re: unstable front wheel

no it does not break, even with their strange movement, I can still turn the wheels.

I place "BEAM_BOUNDED" on 2 "Hub". the wheels turns but by causing the forced structure. the wheels have the same problems, but it is much less present

- - - Updated - - - 21-10-13

I make a drawing of my setup of front suspension, you see a problem?.

I'll try to put a "beam" between the two tie-rods of the two wheels. maybe I should have found a result

(imported from here)

- - - Updated - - - 22-10-13

I added two new "Normal Beam" very rigid. between the two hub, front hub and rear hub. It forces them to rotate together

I go back to work! : P

(imported from here)

4. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Your hydros usually need to have much higher spring than normal beams for some reason. If the wheels start toeing out over bumps, but don't wobble like jelly, that's down to your geometry. You need to make sure that the tierods are the same lenght as the a-arms, otherwise you'll see massive toe-changes while going over bumps. That would happen in real life too :)

5. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

Ooh thank you! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice