Unstable drivetrains and alpha bugs

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by wrinkle345, Aug 23, 2016.

1. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

While working on a port/update of an older mod, I've noticed a strange, but really irritating series of bugs that happens while driving...
    • Reverse is completely unstable, in arcade when trying to reverse, the car will sit and shake a little while the car repeatedly switches between neutral and reverse while the brakes flicker, all while holding brake (which is reverse in arcade)
    • ^Going off of this one, when in manual, if you switch to reverse (and not accelerate), the car won't move, but will remain stationary, even though its manually shifted in reverse. While in reverse and stationary, the speedometer will spaz out, flickering to speeds of 90, 32, 40, etc mph, and the sound of the tires sqealing (a quieter noise) will happen, even though the wheels are stationary (they do shake slightly, but no rolling)
    screenshot_00076.png (the car is stationary, but the speedometer says 38)
    • Accelerating is not a smooth experience, the speedometer will go to a bunch of different speeds while the car shakes around
    • While accelerating, the car will be occasionally be pushed up by the wheels, like the coilovers are extending. While this also happens on the stock vehicles when they have a lot of power, but this car only has the standard beamng variable boost turbo, which the other cars also can use.
    And a bug that happens the rest of the time...
    • At most angles, various portions of the interior (rollcage, seatbelts, etc) show up through the windows, as though the windows alpha doesn't affect them, but the rest of the interior remains covered by the glass
    screenshot_00069.png (you can see the seatbelt showing through the rear windsheild)

If anyone can help/advise me, I'd be grateful.

2. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

I would request for someone knowledgeable to respond to this therefore i am bumping it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice