On Hold Ultra Realistic Graphics For Beamng Maps v2.0 (Prep for 0.28)

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by Grimm232, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Uzziah Tyler

Uzziah Tyler
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

@genius12345 here if you want it You could go it could fix it:https://www.beamng.com/conversations/ecusa-urg-fixing-issues.140487/[/QUOTE]
    --- Post updated ---
    Hey also How do you Install italy? (really Sorry if your busy right now) Is it Like this?:

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_20221101_115735.png
    • 940374-a8faf4b55efd455e5070492ac28fedee.png
    #81 Uzziah Tyler, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  2. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

@Uzziah Tyler, Hey so to install any of the maps open the zip file of the map you selected ex... "Utah URG.zip", then open the folder for the version you want to use ex... "Utah_512_newsky026", then move that map folder ex... "Utah" to C:\Users\"Your User name here"\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.26\levels folder.
    Step 1 at has been updated to use colors to help with installing of the maps everything else is the same as before.
    Cheers!

#82 Grimm232, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  3. Uzziah Tyler

Uzziah Tyler
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

How about italy How do you install it i dont see any Italy in my levels folder But still there In the beamng levels Selection
    Its been like that for a long time But not asking u to fix it Iam only telling if how to download italy

4. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Ohhh, seems that when i put the files together in the zip it doesn't have the a Italy folder, to fix this simply rename the newsky folder you chose as "italy" sorry will fix that as soon as possible, thanks for getting my attention for that! Cheers!

5. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Italy has been fixed so you can install it the same way as the rest.
    Cheers!

6. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Hirochi Raceway has been added, only 2 files as there isn't any water lol.
    BeamNGdrive-0262014381-RELEASE-x6411_2_20225_18_51AM.png
    Cheers

7. Uzziah Tyler

Uzziah Tyler
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Wow Its Been A Few Days This Thread Is offline Hey @Grimm232 Do you Have Anything You working On Lol

8. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Nah, not at the moment lol. I had an old mod I was working on pop up and wanted to se if it still worked (this was before the new lightbars were added) and it still does lmao. It was a lightbar mod for the Grand Marshall. Never got around to publishing it.
    jkhzdvuhzbv.png
    This was an old photo of the mod there are many versions of lightbars and different light modes in it. From all Blue to Firemen Lights and pretty much anything in between based on real police lights lol

#88 Grimm232, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  9. Uzziah Tyler

Uzziah Tyler
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Wow Why did you Not Publish it It Could Have gone Popular And useful Aswell

10. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

At the time it could have been released the "Realistic Police Lights" (RPL for short) came out and I didn't know how the mod would fair against his lol. I might release it though as it used the old lightbar textures and it uses its own lightbar files, meaning it used files from beamng but it was put in the actual zip file itself, that way if the game updated it didn't make the mod break. Funny thing is all the lights were put in by using code as well no blender or anything they just attached to the certain nodes so if that part broke off so did the lights.

11. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Alright so it has been a few days since I've posted any new maps due to internet issues, but I'm pleased to announce that Small Island, Industrial Site, and Derby Arenas maps will be hear soon!! be on the lookout for updates such as pictures and other things. Also since @Uzziah Tyler thought my lightbar mod would be good to release I'm planning on releasing that soon as well, and yes for those who like the new lightbars I will be doing those as well.
    Cheers!
    Also 2 questions
    1. What do y'all think of the maps so far?
    2. Where do I need to post the lightbar mod, Mods and Skins I'm guessing, as I'm not ready to post it as a resource yet. I need to see if it'll work on other peoples games and if they like the idea thanks.

#91 Grimm232, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  12. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Two answers -

1. Beautiful

2. Mods and Skins would be the best in my opinion

Two questions -

1. Are the D-Series and Vivace paints modified to look that good (custom paint) or it is just like that with factory paints? if not, that's pretty dang good

2. Would it be possible to use this in tandem with reshade and this - Experimental - Fixed Bloom and Auto Exposure postFX | BeamNG? I don't want to mess anything up.

13. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Hey to answer your questions,
    1. Yes they are custom paints, but with that being said it doesn't look to bad with default paint on some of the, newer cars either. Matter of fact the first D-series, the one on ECUSA is default paint.
    paintsettings.png
    These are the settings I use, the top blue one selected uses 100% clear coat where as the bottom one uses 75% clear coat.

2. Yes you can use Fixed Bloom and Auto Exposure mod, I used it as a base for this mod lol as it helped with the lighting.

Cheers!
    --- Post updated ---
    Here's a comparison
    Custom
    CustomBluePaint.png

DefaultBluePaint.png
    --- Post updated ---
    I was looking thru the files for the maps again, and I noticed that the 512_newsky version of Italy was the same as before I updated it, I have fixed it and is posted

#93 Grimm232, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  14. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone ver2.0 is out, 3 maps for this update. Also I believe this will be the last of the official beam maps I do for now. If y'all want the "ETK Driving Experience Center" or the "Automation Test Track" let me know and I'll do them. Mod maps will be a bit different as permission is needed for me to do them along with downloading and setting the graphics. I already have one lined up this map:https://www.beamng.com/threads/east-coast-reworked-v2-5-update-released-17-10-2022.85203/ but haven't gotten the chance to do it as it is 3gigs worth and that'll take me awhile to download.
    Anyway, CHEERS!

15. Uzziah Tyler

Uzziah Tyler
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

--- Post updated ---
    Hey i Wonder if you Did A Real life Type Of grahpics Shaders? I Recommend You Doing that It Would Likely Go really Really Popular Because Nobody has Done it yet it Would Take long as i Tried to Do it Without Your mod And it Didnt work because i Dont Have Any skills of Shadering

16. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

That's a really good idea, the only bad thing being with the way beam is setup its hard to change anything with color or shading without it taking away from a graphical standpoint. But I'll give it a shot
    --- Post updated ---
    So this is what i came up with.
    Original newsky lighting in (Afternoon)
    originalmodlighting.png

This is the newsky lighting based on real life (Afternoon)
    RealLightning.png
    I guess this is close to real life I used grey to kinda dull the color tones just using the gradient files lmao
    and adjusted some setting in sunsky such as the "skybrightness", "exposure", and the "brightness" (controls how bright the lighting is on the ground and car also helps to make reflections show better)

17. Uzziah Tyler

Uzziah Tyler
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Wait Are you actually gonna do this in the near future also i have some good ideas

1.If you could Get the Shaders And Grahpics as close as you can to real life Like change the Sunsky settings to more realistic ones not just using the same maps every update isnt that right?

2. is there is a possible way to create your own Remastered version of Each map in the near future? (like adding new stuff to each of the maps like for example Jungle rock island You make another Island if your good at making maps Am i right? (Also Use the Ideas for grahpics i said in 1) it would Be epic)

3.Are you gonna finish that croissant? (just a Joke Or From memes lol)

18. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

1. So as far as doing the shaders and graphics I might update the sky_gradients files and just throw in 1 new file named "real life graphics" for each map. Might make a new thread not sure atm.

2. I haven't messed with the new editor when it comes to terrain in years, I will say I'm not the best at making maps thats for sure. But thats not saying I won't do it in the future. I actually almost copied and renamed and possibly added some stuff to east coast map for this mod so it didn't interfere with the original map but it would take way to long to upload, but I will probably need a new pc and better internet to do that tho.

3.I might, you got some coffee? (I like jokes lol)

#98 Grimm232, Nov 12, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  19. Brayden1231221

Brayden1231221
    Expand Collapse

For me this is way to complicated as a md pack and when i tried it failed (ish) and broke my game when i tried to switch camera, i had to delete 2 mods and my WHOLE userfolder to fix it. all my configurations are gone.

20. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

That's actually your wrong there. You know you could've saved your configs. Just bring the folders into another folder on your desktop and then delete your userfolder. You also could just bring the mods to a folder on your desktop instead of deleting them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice