uk steering wheel

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by nighhawk01, Nov 15, 2012.

1. nighhawk01

nighhawk01
    Expand Collapse

In your videos I always see the steering wheel on
    the european side(left),could you make versions of the
    cars on the other side (right)
    :confused:

2. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to beamng forum well cars in Australia are right hand drive to but this game was made in the us so it will be left hand drive. but but someone may make a mod in right hand drive but at this stage all the cars will be left hand drive.

3. nighhawk01

nighhawk01
    Expand Collapse

Actually this game is made in UK,but still thanks for advice:cool:

4. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Made in uk wow did not know that now i get you're point but most of the world is left hand drive and thay want the game to sell well. But Gabester said that there will be in game moderfing so you can add turbo sports seats/dash so he may make a right hand drive dash .;);)

5. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

The vehicle artist, Gabester, is American and he's basing the majority of his vehicles on the ones you are likely to find in the US. I wouldn't expect many of his cars to feature left hand drive, if any. You never know, maybe he will make some European-style cars and maybe we can get lucky with different versions of the Japanese imports.

With that said, the game will feature demolition derby. Going by the realism the developers are concentrating on I expect there to be the rule about not hitting the driver's door. It might be a good idea if all cars kept the drivers side on the right-hand side.

#5 Hati, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  6. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Wtf?

I believe you messed that up completely. You say he's basing all his cars on US cars, then say you wouldn't expect any to feature left hand drive? xD All he made was left hand drive. So what you meant was:
    "I wouldn't expect many of his cars to feature RIGHT hand drive, if any. You never know, maybe he will make some European-style cars and maybe we can get lucky with different versions of the Japanese imports.

With that said, the game will feature demolition derby. Going by the realism the developers are concentrating on I expect there to be the rule about not hitting the driver's door. It might be a good idea if all cars kept the drivers side on the LEFT-hand side."

I expect if there's gonna be anything based on a Silvia or a Skyline, it's gonna be right hand drive since Gabester afaik is very accurate when using his reference. Doubt he'd overlook something like this. And perhaps if some old English racer makes it into the game the same might happen... But I doubt either is gonna happen since there's only very specific models that only feature RHD....

7. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

All modeles thus far are American (or American imports), i doubt they would make some cars American left hand drive and others right hand. Its possible, just not likely.

8. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Yes, you're right. Sorry. I have that the complete wrong way round. We, in the UK, drive on the left so the driver's side is on the right. We're right hand drive and America is Left hand drive. If you carry a sword you want to keep your right hand and sword between you and your opponent so you walk to the left of them. I got confused for a moment, my bad.

#8 Hati, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  9. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Well it's actually made in Germany, Australia, Greece and the United States :) Left hand drive makes sense for us for a number of different reasons though.

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I'm 'Mercian so I like left-hand drive but I also like right-hand drive on cars like the new ibishu 200BX. However he would need to model a completely new interior so I don't see this happening.

11. Kryotex

Kryotex
    Expand Collapse

By The Way, How About Hands On A Steering Wheel?

12. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Nah dont like the sound of that maybe a in game menu to turn it on/off.

13. nighhawk01

nighhawk01
    Expand Collapse

I like that idea,but it would mean a ragdoll;)

14. T.D.S guy

T.D.S guy
    Expand Collapse

do you mean an animated driver? seeing as its been done in RoR, i don't see why this isn't a possibility.

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

16. CatataFish18

CatataFish18
    Expand Collapse

I don't really think it matters what side the steering wheel is on but i wouldn't mind it being on the right.

#16 CatataFish18, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  17. MercTrucker

MercTrucker
    Expand Collapse

I like driving right hand drive vehicles. Historically, right hand drive was very common, as chariots often would drive on the left side of the road. This gave them defensive advantage. The Romans are known to have driving on the left side. However, Napoleon changed a lot of Europe's driving habits because he was left handed, and it was of tactical advantage to drive on the right. History aside. having some right hand-British themed sports cars would be enjoyable, even if we drive them on the right side of the road.

18. Yoderp

Yoderp
    Expand Collapse

You guys do realize you can model your own cars...

19. Utah Teapot

Utah Teapot
    Expand Collapse

This may be also good for the Ibishus, because they're made in Japan and use RHD.

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Ah but they may be manufactured for other markets (such as america) where they are lhd :p

40% of vehicles globally are actually right hand drive, but so far we have 4 developers from lhd countries and only 6 vehicles in game. Perhaps to go with the T75 there should be a euro style truck with RHD for the UK.
    There are 2 mods coming both in RHD, any vehicles I make (I do want to attempt it some time) will also be RHD.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice