Cancelled Tyrant Vortex (model only)[Own Creation]

Discussion in 'Land' started by xKryptx, Jun 30, 2014.

1. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

As I am not familiar with how the whole JBeam works at the current time I will only be releasing a model of what I am working on,

I expect there to be huge amounts of flaming and what not as this is my first model attempt ever.
    I have therefore decided to attempt to model my own creation instead of releasing a vehicle that we can drive in real life.

So here is what I have done so far, it is by all means not much at all and I do welcome any suggestions that are reasonable, harsh and completely negative comments will be ignored however constructive criticism is very welcome indeed.

I do plan on learning JBeam in the near future (School holidays just started and having the kids home makes it difficult to sit down and study the process, except for when they are in bed then I've got little time as I work also), until then I will continue to work on the model.

Again this is my very first attempt at making anything with any modelling application, so there will be epic blunders :)

Introducing the Vortex (Previously named Traveller) by Tyrant (My mythical automotive industry).... Well what I've made :p

Thank you for taking the time to have a look :)

EDIT: I have decided on a new name for the vehicle, however I still remain to use Tyrant as the vehicles make.

UPDATE: Due to the time I have been absent from the community due to personal life issues there has been no progress made to this model. I have not abandoned this project it has just been moved to the ON HOLD tag for now until I return to being able to continue my progress once everything settles down at home.
    Many apologies for the lack of updates over the past couple of months.

Attached Files:

• MyProject_Render.png
    • MyProject_Render1.png
    • MyProject_Render2.png
    • MyProject_Render3.png
    • MyProject_Render4.png
    #1 xKryptx, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

Re: Tyrant Traveller (model only)[Own Creation]

One tip I can give you, and I am not a pro by any means, is just make sure the poly-flow is a little more consistant. The hood wireframe looks good, but just try and make the polys a bit more uniform in size. The roof has a bit too many poly's, you can probably cut the amount into 2/3s or even half of what you have there. Its a basic shape, and doesn't need much, other than just enough to creat the arch angle that you need. other than that, for now, the hood shape and proportions look nice, just keep working at it. And I am sure that there are going to be people that are going to tell you "hey man, yuh need moar progrezz on yer modle...yada yada yada" but keep plugging away at it, and ask questions if they arise.

cheers!

btw that side window is a bit of a strange angle, but obviously I need to see more of the model to see how it all works together. nice so far.

3. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I had rushed the side section as I was just about to leave for work, I will be refining everything once I have the basic shape I am looking for, Unsure yet what body shape it will end up to be, either Hatch or Sedan but this wont be decided until I've atleast finished the front section (Grille, Headlights, Bumper, Guards(fenders), etc..)..

I appreciate the input you have given, I will be reducing the poly count of the roof as suggested as I too can see there is no need to have that many... I guess I was a tad overzealous :p

4. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

So I decided to redo the roof completely and as expected it turned out a heck of a lot better.
    I also got the front guard (fender for the American Folks :) ), Side skirt, A Pillar and B Pillar which all still need some work done before its satisfactory.

Just thought I would come share the progress for those who are interested.

Cheers,
    Sean

Attached Files:

• MyProject_Render5.png
    • MyProject_Render_Guard-Fender1.png
    • MyProject_Render_NEWROOF_Wireframe1.png
    • MyProject_Render_NEWROOF_Wireframe2.png
    • MyProject_Render9.png
    • MyProject_Render10.png
  5. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

looks really nice now. Not to go back on what I said, but a small tip for now may be to add just like 1 or 2 edgeloops to the roof, now its a bit too low poly...maybe just add 1 or 2 more segments. And I am absolutely LOVING the front end/fender, almost has a E60 5 series vibe to it. fenders are great. Also, the frame of the car looks 100% better. Looks more like a real car, instead of that rushed sidewindow. Massive improvement. Is this going to be a sedan (which it looks like now) or more of a CUV/SUV? The name suggests something like an explorer (traveler) etc. Actaully, the headlights do remind me of a current gen exploder as well. Lookiing great altogether. def see if gabe can give you any pointers. Maybe it's a modifier or whatever, but the poly's around the arches and door jambs are very visible without the wireframe on.

6. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

I really appreciate your feedback as it only helps create a better model in the end, Thank you very much.

I have not even experimented with edge loops yet, I have only watched two tutorials on the extreme basics of blender and modeling, First thing I made was a simple chair, then this is my second time actually making what you would classify as a model.
    I have tweaked the door cavities slightly, but there will be more refinement as I figure out/learn new techniques along the way.

Still need to revisit the wheel arches though as they are terrible LOL.

Attached Files:

• MyProject_Render11.png
  7. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Im liking it so far. ANd in response to an above post, theres plenty of progress to be postable :p One quick suggestion (before gabester tells you) curve your pillars :p The front one seems ok from what ive seen, but the mid pillar seems quite straight to me. Thats my only suggestion for now. Im eager to see future progress :3

8. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

LOL, I knew this comment was inbound :p, there is a slight 'curve' but as the B Pillar is simply a flat plane at the time that's why it's looking that way.

Thanks for the tip though, every little bit helps.

9. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

I will be re-commencing work on this sometime tomorrow, it's been busy in my household these holidays and I've found no time to mess around with the model at all really, so there has been little to no real progress made...
    For this, I apologise.

I will post what little work I have done, I suppose it is still classified as "progress" but a piss poor effort! LOL.

ALSO: I am not entirely happy with the name chosen as it does not really suit the design at all, so there will be a re-naming happening soon once I decide on a suitable replacement for "Traveller"... When I started this, I was not sure exactly what I was creating... So I thought of a random name and just went with it, not the smartest thing but oh well... :p

P.S. Please do not mind the random planes within the wheel, this is not how it's going to stay at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I had about an hour to mess around today and I got the front bumper started, it is far from optimised and I know I really need to work on my polyflow, hence why this is a model only :p!

Anyway, once I have completed this project then I will work on something else with my main aim to have a nice neat polyflow which will then be the basis of my first official vehicle for BeamNG.

Please note: The jaggies in the bumper are not staying :) this is just a rough shape for now, refinements are inbound :D

- - - Updated - - -

• More of the Front Bumper completed (refinements still needed)
    • Front Fender Tweaks

Attached Files:

• MyProject_Render17.png
    • MyProject_Render16.png
    • MyProject_Render15.png
    • MyProject_Render18.png
    • MyProject_Render20.png
    • MyProject_Render19.png
    • MyProject_Render22.png
    • MyProject_Render23.png
  10. kubus765

kubus765
    Expand Collapse

Good work so far! Don't let the criticizing bring your project down, just do what you think is right.

11. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Great work so far! Love your enthusiasm. I don't want to be the guy who rains on your parade, but that front end looks heavily influenced by the E60 BMW 5 Series.

Looking forward to where you'll take the model; perhaps you'll find a stylistic direction that'll really make the design your own :)

If you need any modelling help, feel free to PM me.

12. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

Cheers mate :)
    I see what you mean there with the front end, I was actually going after the effect of the new Holden VF Commodore headlights but I guess they are all alike these days, the part that makes it seem E60ish IMO is the dip in the bonnet/hood.
    Appreciate the offer to help with pointers, I will remember to PM you if I am stuck with anything I cannot figure out.

Thank you for your comments :)

13. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

looks good now, the technique you are using is great, once you add some modifiers etc, the ploy's will smooth out and stuff, I am sure it will look great...I agree with above, looks very similar to E60, but that's not a bad thing, maybe use some design elements from that car, and once it is nearing completion, you can modify and tweak the final design to differentiate it from the 5 series. But looks great with the improvements you made so far!

14. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

:D Thank you for the feedback, the technique I'm using is simply splinting the vertices and positioning them myself then joining them to make a face (which I am sure is not the correct way to do it, but this project is all about me learning Blender, which is why this model is just that, however if it turns out to be alright looking once completed, I may re-do parts to make it a BeamNGable vehicle :D ), this is quite fiddly at best and takes a fair bit of trial and error and plenty of renders to see if it looks alright... LOL

15. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

one big tip for blender is extruding vertices along a line...select a line of vertices, say, along the roof horizontally (shift+left click) then once they whole line is selected, hit "E" and those vertices will duplicate and be able to be "extruded"...its a pretty basic tip, but from what you just said, I think you may be doing too much work, positioning a vertex (or multiple vertices) and THEN creating a face out of them. that in theory would take 2x as long to create a simply shape. THIS is a VERYYYY helpful page/wiki for blender hints and tips, I use it whenever I have an issue...it is VERY in depth, and hopefully this can help you progress in the right direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, this page I linked to is a hot-key etc page, along the top of the article, though, there is a glossary, which encloses all of the topics important to blender, from Noob to Pro.

ALSO use the Table of Contents, that basically creates a learning path for you, again, from noob to pro. Start from the top. I played with blender for 3 years and when I came across this article, I was shocked at how much simple beginners stuff I have been missing. def worth a look.

16. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

Cheers for the link, Bookmarked & I will be taking a looksee at this very soon :D .

- - - Updated - - -

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore :D , this will be it for the night unfortunately, 3AM and have to be up for father duties in 4 Hours.... Time escapes you when you are enjoying yourself I guess...

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot these ones.... -.-

Attached Files:

• MyProject_Render24.png
    • MyProject_Render25.png
    • MyProject_Render26.png
    • MyProject_Render27.png
    • MyProject_Render28.png
    • MyProject_Render29.png
    • MyProject_Render30.png
    • MyProject_Render32.png
    • MyProject_Render31.png
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hachiroku92

Hachiroku92
    Expand Collapse

Pretty cool, looks like a mix of a Lexus sedans, Infiniti's G series, and BMW's E60 imo. Definitely can see the E60 headlights above all, needs a kidney grille. :p

18. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

Haha, well seeing as its getting the same response about the e60, I might make a front end (guards bonnet bumper, grille) on the sports version more like the e60. I know I said previously that this most likely won't make it in the game anyway but this is because this is my first model and this is where I am learning and also trying various things to see what works and what doesn't. However depending on how the vehicle turns out I may change my mind, may have to revisit areas once I am confident enough in my techniques.

Appreciate your input though, thank you :)

19. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

Not much progress has been made since my last update, I've not abandond this project, just a little too much happening in life to focus on this. For this I.do apologize.

20. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Polyflow, It's needed ;)

Attached Files:

• 2014-8-7@17-39-55-7.png
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice