Two huge things needs to be fixed about gameplay:

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Celthora, May 1, 2019.

1. Celthora

Celthora
    Expand Collapse

1. Any smallest hit -most of time no matter which part of the car you hit- causes the car dragged to a side. It makes you feel like it's a sensitive Formula 1 car although you are driving a coarse one. Sometimes happens even when you just break the lights. It mustn't happen if you see your tires are not damaged. It's unrealistic and boring.

2. Sticky objects. When you hit a tree or another car with high speed, they stuck. Also broken car parts sticks to wheels. This also need a fix.

2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums

What maps are you using? Some of the mod maps have incredibly sticky walls for some reason, I'm not sure why. I haven't noticed it on official maps.

If you mean cars stretching, that's just a limitation of soft body physics as implemented, as thing's can't really fracture unless it's specifically programmed to like the tanker trailer. As for the tire's grabbing things, it isn't nearly as bad as it use to be. There was a time where you couldn't crash into anything without a tire getting welded to something. Maybe it's just because those days are still fresh in my mind, but again I don't really notice it on the current version of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you do same things at same speeds IRL that you do in game, you may find some similarities of how easily alignment goes off and how your car is not going anywhere after hitting some objects.

This guy got problems with 10mph hit to curb, even his old car did not get such, his new car got quite bit of issue:
    https://community.cartalk.com/t/hit-curb-10mph-brand-new-corolla-mild-vibration-after/107589

Some cars in BeamNG are more sensitive, some not vanilla cars I have seen have had support beams from front bumper to suspension, which makes any bump to bumper cause suspension damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

That's true, my brother hit a curb in his mk3 golf and it bent the control arm and half shaft. When the car hit the curb it wasn't even going that fast. It messed up the alignment and the car could only be driven very slowly because the half shaft would hit stuff. When the car drove the wheel wobbled so much it looked like it would fall off.
    2E2nSuo.jpg Ieqb0Gy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Usually, a 20 mph hit is considered enough to total a car. Especially with a modern unibody vehicle, any solid hit will bend the entire body slightly, making it no longer drive straight. Body on frame vehicles will probably fare better, assuming you don't hit them too hard. And collisions have never been too sticky in newer versions, I've wall tapped a lot when racing and usually I can keep driving with nothing but a broken taillight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it is only narrow collision faces and shard collision face angles that gets sticky, even those with speed, pretty much all times I get car to stick it would of not going anywhere IRL either.

I would think that OP would like to have more arcade crashing like other games have, where you can tap a wall at 100mph with carbon fiber hypercar without any kind of issues.

7. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

8. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

It's for safety, cars are designed to crumple in a way that decreases the deceleration as much as possible to protect the occupants. How the car drives after the collision is a lower priority.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

After looking at some accidents. I found out that.
    This is what some car manufacture want to tell you. Safety does not mean sacrificing the car. I never heard a single accident that a sturdy off-roader crashed and the driver died but the car still drives.
    They use parts only just strong enough(little strength margin) to drive to reduce manufacture cost(to the manufactures) to maximize profit, and use crumple to justify this. No offence, I mean some of them, not all of them.

In fact, crumplezone is used to protect the driver in a huge collision,in a 10mph minor collision the crumple zone does not activate at all.
    What safety is that in a major collision the occupent can walk away, and in minor collision minimize car damage(because occupents can walk away ragardless)

Also, hit a curb does not a crash. The occupents are still safe even If the suspension is indescructble. In your pictures at #4, a stronger suspension and half shaft does NOT reduce occupant safety.

Did you know that some Volkswagen and Nissan cars in China(where safety standards are a bit lower) use foam instead of steel in their bumper support
    proxy.jpg n.jpg

In contract, SBR4 use steel rear bumper support.

#9 default0.0player, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  10. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

If your argument is against modern cars, the mk3 golf is 20 years old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Really? well that's my fault argument, sorry.

12. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

yes i believe we are coming up to Mk8 soon

13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

In case of hitting curbs and alike, one needs to remember that fashion has lead to very narrow tire profiles, in old cars there was lot of air space in tire that did reduce forces to suspension parts, but then tire profiles got quite bit less practical for bad roads and alike, great for smooth high speed roads, but most I have seen is pothole ridden smaller roads, so that makes lot more forces to suspension components.

Also manufacturing has gotten much better, so it is not needed to over engineer parts to take account for variability in manufacturing.

I think in BeamNG this also shows a bit as ETK800 and K-series are not vehicles to take much abuse, but some other vehicles are fine with hitting curbs and such.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice