"Turn off" Electric Cars | Turn off Running Lights and Dashboard

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by mrwallace888, Nov 12, 2020.

1. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

For the first suggestion, there isn't really a start-stop for the electric cars in BeamNG.drive, and it'd be cool if there was. I don't think in real life you can hop in an electric car and just push the accelerator pedal and drive off (or leave it running all the time) without at least pressing some sort of power button.

The second one is a must-have, I'll have my car off at night but my Sunburst or SBR4 or Vivace has the dashboard stuff still on which ruins the immersion.

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. stale

stale
    Expand Collapse

i second this, it'd be nice for more modern cars to have a better ignition system (off, accessory, start/on)
    with the ignition hard on off, things like displays, running lights, and fuel/temp gauge readings would be disabled

electric cars could probably use that same system, just with a simpler on/off toggle

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

4. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

The FCV accent lights should be able to turn off with the car as well. Also, I noticed that when you're in a car with satnav, the screen shows "Beam Navigator" or the car logo and then loads the map, and when you spawn an e-SBR, the gauges load in as well. So I think it's possible that you can have them turn off with some lua editing or something. I'd try it myself if I had the time and knowledge.

Something else I've been wanting is for the buttons and stuff to light up when you turn on the lights. I think someone was working on a mod some time ago that did that, but

A. I forgot who it was

B. It's been over a year so idk if it's even being looked at anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

The Tesla model 3 doesn't require any push of a button.
    You just enter it and off you go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Surely it does, I'd assume in this case it just "turns on" when it detects you if nearby or in the car or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

Can confirm it does exactly that.

8. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but still no button ;)

9. Leo Rodriguez

Leo Rodriguez
    Expand Collapse

I would like that the Sunburst and The FCV Had One

10. very epic 69

very epic 69
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I would like an off, aceccery, then on, like someone was talking about a bit earlier. For the cars with push button start One click of the start button puts the car in accessory mode, but to start, you have to apply brake and push. For the cars with a traditinal key, like the pessimas and what not, one push puts it in accessory, and hold it down to start, without having to press the brake.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hemi J

Hemi J
    Expand Collapse

Along with that, a parking setting for lights, stages/patterns for police lightbars, and rear foglights for EU vehicles.

12. Rottentomato

Rottentomato
    Expand Collapse

"Surely it does, I'd assume in this case it just "turns on" when it detects you if nearby or in the car or something"

ELECTRIC CARS DONT HAVE PUSH BUTTON START U CAN JUST WATCH A YT VIDEO OKAY MATE UR WRONG

13. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

They detect if you're near them and "turn on". There is no need for a button-push.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, he never said they do, so what is your problem here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

This is not just for electric cars but all of the games vehicles, the brake lights don’t turn off when the engine is off which is unrealistic, also the simple fact that they automatically turn on when tha parking brake is on doesn’t seem right (my car doesn’t have this irl and I don’t know if any do). It’s just weird and I really think they should change this

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I think those things happen because you're probably using arcade transmission mode. If recollection serves, it does that. I use realistic and don't experience either of those things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I do use arcade mode, but would that also make the dash lights not turn off?

17. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

No, this only solves the brake lights. Also, I noticed that on the ETK 800, if you blow the engine, the DRLs turn off.

18. stale

stale
    Expand Collapse

there used to be a "feature" where DRLs wouldn't trigger until any lights were triggered by braking, indicating or whatever, though it seems to have been fixed

19. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

The DRLs on the ETK 800 actually turn off/on with the engine, didn´t notice that when I was writing the previous post.

20. IonicOwl

IonicOwl
    Expand Collapse

Not the case for all electric cars, perhaps the case for Teslas. People need to stop applying Tesla logic to all EVs. There are absolutely electric cars that exist with a push button start.

Brakes lights are supposed to illuminate when the brake pedal is pressed, regardless of whether the engine/acc is on or off. The reason is because the car can move under its own gravity or be towed with the engine off, so the need to indicate to others that it's slowing down or stopping is still a necessity. Every car I've owned has done this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice