WIP Tupolev Tu 154

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by DankEngihn, Oct 30, 2016.

1. DankEngihn

DankEngihn
    Expand Collapse

Had this thing sitting on my desktop for over a year now, and I finally want to do something with it. I've got the blender file ready, but I have no idea how to do the jBeam for an aircraft. The tutorial in the wiki isn't really helpful for this, because the plane shouldn't drive like a car. If anyone can jBeam this properly, PM me. I also don't want the comments of this thread to be of everything that isn't right or just spam. Constructive criticism is welcome, though.

The files kind of important :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

#1 DankEngihn, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. cookies and milk

cookies and milk
    Expand Collapse

so far it looks great!.Good luck getting it ingame

3. DankEngihn

DankEngihn
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I wasn't expecting a reply so quickly. :)
    --- Post updated ---
    IMOPRTANT: The zip file only has the .blend file in it, not the mod. I put it up so anyone who actually has some skill with jBeam can do it, because I have no idea how.

#3 DankEngihn, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  4. hoodventengine

hoodventengine
    Expand Collapse

Yes I was about to model a Cessna 172, and if I could figure out how to jbeam it and all than it would be helpful for me.

5. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

The fact that you have a Russian-built commercial airliner will surely make Putin proud.

Here's a reference photo of the cockpit if needed, @DankEngihn

6. DankEngihn

DankEngihn
    Expand Collapse

Lol. XD

7. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

Posting Guideline
    Please help us to improve the overall quality of this forum by following these guidelines:

First step: Think about what you want to post. Take time over it if you need to. Keep in mind that thousands of people will read your posts and you waste a lot of people's time if you just write things like "lol" or "I like". Remember to search before you post, it can be tiresome to answer the same question over and over. Check our FAQ.

8. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Ahhh, that calming colour... though I'm used to it being slightly greener.

9. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, @DankEngihn, the most often-overlooked feature on aircraft like this Tupolev is all the lights aircraft have nowadays.

10. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

It's for navigation, especially for oncoming aircraft on busy routes, as if they see a plane infront of them, they can tell if it is heading towards or away from them, this technology is used on nearly every vehical you drive, from the red & green nav lights on boats, to headlights and tail lights on trains, even to the headlights, blinkers, and brake lights on your everyday car. The lights also help see the space infront of the plane, much like the headlights of a car, and, the red light on the rear-tail can tell the bank-angle of the aircraft from viewers on the ground or in the air

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

I believe what @DankEngihn is looking for is a jbeamer that can jbeam this Tupolev so that it works in a way similar to the now-broken B-25 Mitchell, except that this can work with 0.8 and later versions.

12. grayman9000

grayman9000
    Expand Collapse

Try takeing the B25 J-Beam and sort of extending the jbeam and stiffening it around the whole plane, and that also means the wing flex and the wings are stiffer.

13. DankEngihn

DankEngihn
    Expand Collapse

This is EXACTLY what I need, because when I try exporting the jBeam, it exports as

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice