Outdated Traffic Tool 1.2.1

It's here! Create dynamic traffic on almost any map!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherhazel

Motherhazel
    Expand Collapse

@bob.blunderton I´ve had this profile picture the last 6 years. Aint nobody taking that away from me!

Im glad i dont live in Tennessee then!

But thanks for the heads up in this offensive feeling world xd

2. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Hey, you’re a staff member now! I knew it.

Thanks for fixing the disappearing grilles and whatever, that was the biggest annoyance with this mod. Keep up the great work.

3. Jarret Rucker

Jarret Rucker
    Expand Collapse

How can anyone tell how the re-spawn rate works? Is it the higher it is, the less re-spawning or the opposite?

4. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

The higher it is, the more often the vehicles respawn. Basically, the radius that, when the vehicles go outside of, gets tighter. So if you turn it on by 4, It'll probably be...pretty obvious when one respawned.

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Oh it's not offending me, but I can't speak for the moderators, obviously. If they're OK with it, then disregard what I've mentioned.
    @Gamergull good on you that you fixed the respawn glitch where chunks of vehicle would be missing (tires/wheels were a big offender here, among other things).

• Like Like x 3
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't report it to the police, but I have Adblock'd it and I absolutely will report it to the site staff. I've started complaint threads over less in the past (that's how I found the Adblock trick).

7. Jarret Rucker

Jarret Rucker
    Expand Collapse

This mod is great for the East Coast Winter map. The AI act so dumb when they encounter ice.

8. cgjunk

cgjunk
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if the "secret" is that the semi trucks with trailers work. But they do.

So far they respawn fine, and I don't get an error when I respawn my own car. Fantastic!

9. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Uh... we may have a bit of a problem:
    screenshot_2019-03-20_19-40-42.png screenshot_2019-03-20_19-41-35.png screenshot_2019-03-20_19-43-26.png

Driving along in the D-series, a semi-trailer combination respawned out of sight (I could tell because the connectors lit up on every other vehicle), and then both my pickup and a nearby Hopper spontaneously exploded like popcorn!

screenshot_2019-03-20_19-44-02.png
    The T-series itself was fine initially, and the Hopper respawned properly on the next go-around, but by that time the semi was exploding... so I called it quits instead of risking a complete crash.

Worst of all, there's any number of things that were unusual. This was:
    • My first attempt with 1.1.1
    • My first attempt with a truck/trailer combination
    • The T-series had a modified configuration not saved to any .pc file - just assembled in the parts menu
    • The T-series had previously spawned sideways on a narrow dirt road, destroying the vehicle and causing the windshield glass to remain broken for some time.
    So I'm really not sure how to go about narrowing down the cause of this particular incident. Anybody else experiencing something similar?

10. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Either it got flooded onto a previous page, or I forgot to talk about it, but I believe that's because of how the trailer is teleported, and maybe how vehicles are teleported period. Pretty sure the trailer just sped across the map, and in a moment of sheer luck, it murdered you and the hopper. It happened to me aswell.

11. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yup. Rates near the cap are super crazy. It's great for having x amount of cars always in view, but bad for immersion.

The devs implied that it was an easy fix to add. I did a quick search and added one function call. I felt pretty derpy for a while :p .

So, exactly like Edmonton drivers at the first snowfall of the year? Perfect.

Major oof! It happened to me once, while working on V1.1, but I didn't consider testing it more and looking for possible fixes in other scripts. My bad for forgetting about that; I was just pleased with getting trailers and props to play nice with my script.

• Like Like x 1
  12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

That's probably what happened... I did see some red/white/gray flashes that looked similar to the reflective tape lining the sides of the trailer.

That might even explain why the T-series blew up on the next go - the alignment changed, and the trailer moved through it a split-second after the truck spawned in.

Trust me, nobody is happier than me that you got trailers …and props? … to play along. I'm just glad that we appear to have identified a plausible cause for why it happened.

13. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

That's good enough. Trial and error lol. I'm just glad we can have AI trailers, even if they might speed through us via hyperspeed...

14. cgjunk

cgjunk
    Expand Collapse

Lol, I guess I didnt drive around long enough. Yeah, I noticed what has been reported above. Maybe with less spawned vehicles it happens less.

15. SubieFan

SubieFan
    Expand Collapse

i wish my pc could handel more than 3 cars as when i have 3 cars it goes from -60fps to -30fps and if i add more cars my pc craps itself and starts to freeze but il give it a try still, my specs are I5 4570 3.60 GHz, R9 380 2gb and 16gb ddr3 ram

Edit: Yea, i ment to use the ''~'' but my keyboard wont let me use it

#355 SubieFan, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  16. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Minus 60 to minus 30? Whew, never thought a game could run so bad, it starts going backwards.

I guess you meant estimated. I think it's ~

But yeah, I feel your pain.

• Like Like x 1
  17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

For some reason ever since downloading the latest 1.1.1 version I get a big 1 second freeze everytime a car respawns, makes it basically unplayable. The old version worked just fine before. Reinstalling didn't fix it either so I'm pretty stuck with it.

Edit: actually older version is doing it too, guess its just one of those beamng things, oh well.

#357 VeyronEB, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes this happens and traffic stops spawning. I'm not sure if it can be made to happen by spawning few of them, then upping number clicking spawn again and then activate to traffic again. That is for example spawning vehicles, driving half lap of JRI loop and then spawning more.
    upload_2019-3-22_3-45-48.png

I did press also insert once I think, but that is all out of normal actions I can think there was.

19. Jarret Rucker

Jarret Rucker
    Expand Collapse

This is the best thing that has happened to beamng.drive since the Automation update.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Xela

Xela
    Expand Collapse

who want's to pull over anyway? are we in europe? x)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice