Traffic response to emergency lights

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Unster, May 24, 2020.

1. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

It's good that traffic now responds to a siren but I think it should also respond to silent emergency lights in a similar way. The response can be more mellow when the siren is off, but it shouldn't be nothing like it is now.

2. broohh

broohh
    Expand Collapse

If I'm not mistaken, they made that change so that traffic doesn't yield to vehicles with orange lights activated (which only have one mode now).

What bothers me more is the fact that traffic doesn't switch to the right lane on highways, and instead moves to the far right of the left lane. It's almost impossible to pass through that small gap, and the vehicles also brake hard. When the right lane is blocked too, you can't pass without coming to almost a full stop in the middle of the highway, unless you deactivate your emergency lights.
    On normal roads they react in a safer manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it's still work in progress. Looking forward to updates to this. As far as the flashing orange lights go, I've thought of that. The AI would have to distinguish between those and police/fire/ambulance lights. I like to have the emergency lights on sometimes and have traffic move out of the way without having to listen to the siren continuously, which is pretty loud.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice