1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Traction and Grip

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by TheAdmiester, Aug 10, 2012.

1. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Just a simple and short question, really. I know RoR had issues with its traction and althought it was worked on it still seemed very slippery. I was wondering how the vehicles behave in terms of grip and traction since you can't really get a 'feel' for grip from the videos, so would anyone care to post a quick opinion on BeamNG's traction?

#1 TheAdmiester, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. spartan239

spartan239
    Expand Collapse

This is a very good question because RoR did have a major rolling resistance issue that was linked way back in the data banks.

However, look at 1:40 of the newest BeamNG vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JPDtDfxf6w&feature=player_embedded
    The truck seems to stick to the ground well. However, I don't know what the speed was, and it was 4 wheel drive. (Will this game be able to go from 2wd to 4wd? but anyway...) The wheels seem to stick pretty well throughout the video. Hopefully a good thing. :)

3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that's the scene I was thinking of when I started the thread. I know that it seems to grip well but as I said we can only see it in video form right now, so the only person who knows how it 'feels' in terms of control is the person playing it, if that makes sense.

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

A transfer case is kinda planned, so that would mean 2wd and 4wd

5. Beolex

Beolex
    Expand Collapse

I talked to Thomas at IRC and he confirmed that BeamNG's tire physics will be overall improved.

Any additional details are not known [by me] because I did not want to drown him with questions, he was already receiving lots of praise in #offtopic. :p

6. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Bump :p

OT:
    Im trying to find a thread which was made by someone who calculated how realistic beamng is. if i remember well he had calculated and compared a lot of things in beamng and irl as well as how close the grip was in beamng compared to irl. im making an essay for my class and id like to find those stats again since they are very informative about how well this game performs.

ive been searching for a few days, found multiple threads but not the one that im searching for.

Sorry for that massive bump.

7. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Would love to see that one. Well this is not it but this may be helpfull too

- The good old BeamNG vid:
    - interesting @Slammington post about friction: https://www.beamng.com/threads/physics-demonstrations-in-beamng.34620/ and few replies in that thread are also worth noting
    - My old thread: https://www.beamng.com/threads/beamng-science.28426/
    - look at estama's profile and his posts - those are usually very interesting and technical ex. https://www.beamng.com/threads/has-...-yet-for-multiplayer.45995/page-7#post-694874

• Like Like x 1
  8. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

ya ik massive bump. sorry. but thank you very much, this was exactly what i was searching for. thank you very much. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice