Released Blackpool Superlite 2.51

Lightweight track focused roadster

Tags:
  1. nowysen

nowysen
    Expand Collapse

well, I have an idea for the brand name, TUF? TUF for: TrackpadUser Fabrications, and yeah, Ik sounds kinda like TVR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

then why not TPR?
    it just stands for "Track Pad User", like TVR stands for "TreVoR wilkinson."

3. nowysen

nowysen
    Expand Collapse

That's a good idea, sounds more British

4. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

TPR sounds more french than british to me, very close to, say, other acronyms like TPV (Citroën, Très Petite Voiture) and PRV (V6 engine used in Peugeot, Renault, Volvo products and built by the Française de Mécanique joint-venture).

The "Blackpool" name he came up with sounds way more appropriate, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Blackpool does sound good for it, I mean TVR was based outta there from what I recall of that city but from what I feel its a good name for a car

6. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Or we could just stick with the Trackfab name. Because it's fine as-is.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. AdamPLGames

AdamPLGames
    Expand Collapse

When update?

8. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

Anything got broken in the update?

9. AdamPLGames

AdamPLGames
    Expand Collapse

:(

10. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

:D

I'll try to put something out during my christmas vacation, at least fix the setups and do some interior tweaks. Right now I have an other project I'm prioritizing.

11. AdamPLGames

AdamPLGames
    Expand Collapse

Ok

12. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

This vehicle and the buggy are standalone mod, which shouldn't break on updates

13. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Hey, is there a way to disable cockpit audio muffling? I feel like it doesn't fit because it's an open-top car.

14. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

There's no way that I know of, but I agree it would be a good thing to remove it.

15. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic mod! I have a couple of ideas for enrichening the variety: how about making a V8 version? There's a certain mod for the Pigeon which adds, among others, a 600cc Hobby V8 (I would put the link but I am not sure enough, it could be Taza's ''Pigeon Mod Pack'' but I could be wrong on that - anyone knowing in which mod this engine is, please let us know)!
    What matters is that the engine is fully modeled and has the dynamic muffling system of the game, with the removable mufflers! Also, it is small, light and leaves plenty of room in the engine bay of the Pigeon, so I think it could make a great version of the Superlite as well (and since the Pigeon is RWD, the engine can also fit in the Superlite)!

Or, you could make something like the Levante V8, with its 2.4 litre high-revving V8! https://www.evo.co.uk/caterham/7/6641/caterham-levante

You could also make a version with the 1.5 3-Cylinder gasoline engine of the ETK 853t (Synsol's mod, https://www.beamng.com/resources/etk-800-etkc-extension-pack.341/), either the stock one, with its 136hp, or the tuned one, with its 190hp (and, for an interesting twist, add the 8-speed Automatic option as well :p)! This engine sounds nice enough, like a slightly rougher 6-cylinder, so it could make a nice driver's car!

Or you could make an even more basic version, with the vanilla 600cc 3-cylinder from the Pigeon, kinda like the Caterham Seven 160 (bare-bones, thin steelies and a 660cc turbocharged 3-cylinder from the Suzuki Cappuccino)!

Also, if you're planning of making a classic predecessor, say a Lotus 7 or a Super Seven, like someone suggested in the review section of the Superlite, please include those nice long teardrop wings on top of the front wheels, with the option of independent coloring (as in the original), for making interesting color combos!

These are my suggestions! Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! :-D

Attached Files:

• CaterhamLevante.jpg
    • 29345839_Lotus-Seven-Series-Twin-Cam-SS-2.jpg
    • caterham-seven-160-11a.jpg
    #155 McBeamer94, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

TrackpadUser updated Blackpool Superlite with a new update entry:

Setup rework and other changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 2
  17. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for getting the RHD version out :) always rely on you for some great work!

18. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

why a rename? why not keep it consistent with literally every other vehicle you've made

19. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

Because maybe I don't want to have every single vehicle I made under the same brand?

It's not like I released that many mods.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. iraben

iraben
    Expand Collapse

Is there any chance that you might add the 1.6L I4 and the 2.5L I5 from the new Cherrier FCV to this car? Those engines with their race parts sound and perform incredibly well, I'd love to have those engines in a car such as this!

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice