Cancelled Toyota Landcruiser

Discussion in 'Land' started by frostmaster21, Nov 17, 2014.

1. frostmaster21

frostmaster21
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys,
    this is my first EVER car made.
    I thought I should do a land cruiser because I think they are beastly and I haven't seen one on BeamNG yet so, should be interesting
    a4cae3e498b5bb36bf7a4ba073afbd0bx.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

LC100.jpg

I also got about an hour into it... !!WILL NEED HELP ON THIS!!
    progress#1.png

I hope you guys can give me some feedback and some help :D

#1 frostmaster21, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Well I have some feedback for you. Use blueprints. It looks like you are modeling by eye and it looks quite wrong. If that is the hood of the car then the shape is completely unacurate...I really hope you can see it too... I feel bad to say this because I know how exciting it is when you start a project...but it's the truth. I suggest you watch some tutorials. Just type into google or youtube "Blender car modeling tutorial"... simple as that. Spend some time learning how to set up blue prints, learn about the polyflow, try out different techniques(starting with the wheelarches instead the hood as an example) etc etc. Anyways I wish you good luck.

Also you are sadly not the only one who doesn't do it but...read the damn Rules guys

You are not supposed to start a thread when you only have 0.5% of the car done..Spend more time than a hour next time ^^

3. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

You will need some blueprints as the guy above me said, because there is no way you can freehand this stuff. Just a quick google search for "Toyota Land cruiser blueprints" should turn up something usable. As for never seeing one done before, bad news there. Someone's been working on a sequoia, which is very similar. Maybe you will complete this though. Best of luck to you though, especially with Jbeam.

4. frostmaster21

frostmaster21
    Expand Collapse

thankyou for the feedback but, I am already using blueprints, I have only just started as I said and will clean up later

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Wrong. Model properly. Minimise clean up.

It's not uncommon to spend hundreds of hours on a model, and it's very daunting to clean up a complicated and messy model. You'll lose interest long before you get it close to completion at this rate.

Being new to modelling, I encourage you to model simpler objects, like laptops and traffic cones. Learn how to use modifiers to make these things, as they'll make life a lot easier for you once you move up to cars.

6. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree with this point. And it's not bad or anything like that to start easy...I remember how proud I was after my first model...It was a drinking straw..I probably spent three hours on it...one of which I spent admiring it :D

7. frostmaster21

frostmaster21
    Expand Collapse

ok thanks, so should I maybe put this on hold for a bit so I can learn and then continue? (the other model you said will probably have a beta release before I come back) Also, can I do this in cinema 4d because I am a lot more familiar with that program?

also just realised that the third picture of the lifted land cruiser is the model before :p woops...

8. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Yep. Do as the people above suggested.

Also, which software you use? ;) I might wanna try mod something, and maybe even release it. Who knows.

9. frostmaster21

frostmaster21
    Expand Collapse

don't really know what you mean but if you want to model everyone to my knowledge uses blender, but I wanna know if I can use cinema 4d. Guys?

10. Battlecrypt

Battlecrypt
    Expand Collapse

Well there are actualy two things I want to add....
    First i want to thank u very much, I#ve always searched for one and now I'm very thankful someone is finaly doing it, I would help but i couldnt even make a stright line in the editor :/.
    The second one is: I work in a car shop and drive these every day, a friend of mine once drove one of the small version into a wall made of massive bricks, the wall broke and the car looked like shit but nothing realy bad actualy happend so i want to tell you these cars are very very powerfull, massive and smooth to drive...
    I hope you are still working on that and that it will be finished soon,
    good luck

11. CarPro1993

CarPro1993
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me, not trying to be a back-seat-mod or anything, but you should refrain from bumping old topics like this.

More than likely the author has stopped working on it. The last post was from November, 2014.

12. Deleted member 166461

Deleted member 166461
    Expand Collapse

why did you cancel the mod?

13. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

latest.jpg

Not trying to be tooo obvious, but it kinda is...

14. Deleted member 166461

Deleted member 166461
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice