Toyota GT86

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by CaffeinatedPixels, May 16, 2017.

1. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Anyone have one of these or at least heard anything about them? I've been checking out cars that I can get when I get my license and something like that is right up my alley.

2. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

I've heard of it, its good for handling and for the most part being lightweight and a good daily but its not too good compared to many other cars on pure speed. but that shouldn't matter, AND ITS MRSP is around $26,000 so its not too expensive, but i am not sure on its MPG's and interior and such

#2 Dealercrash, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Good handling, decently reliable (toyota everything, save for the engine which is subaru), despite what pseudo-car experts on the internet will tell you it is quite fast (at least for someone who hasn't driven high powered cars much). Interior quality is meh and it gets okay fuel consumption (25mpg or so US). It's not the kind of car you're supposed to keep stock; it's the spiritual successor to the S13 in my opinion.

Why the hell toyota got subaru to make an engine for their car however, I have no clue. It's like Alfa Romeo asking KIA to design their new car...

• Like Like x 2
  4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Sports car + new driver = super expensive insurance.

Not gonna be good for your wallet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

A new, rear-wheel drive sports car for your first car sounds like a good way to have expensive repairs. I'd recommend finding a cheaper car first instead of getting a BRZ/GT86. There are plenty of sporty cars that you can get for a considerably smaller cost too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'm pretty sure they made some partnership deal with the car, it's kind of pretty much what some of the other manufacturers are doing, Like, Daimler/Smart had meetings with Ford to discuss and learn about Ford's 1.0L EcoBoost engine in return with sharing info about their own engines. I guess it's pretty much the norm now, since there's other manufacturers doing the same thing, like Nissan and Renault has in Europe, and pretty recently, Mercedes Benz's first pickup truck will be based on the Navara/Alaskan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice