WIP Beta released Tow hitch for the Semi (T-Series) / Now also tow hitch for Wentward bus

Discussion in 'Configurations' started by fufsgfen, Feb 19, 2018.

1. SanderCarGuy

SanderCarGuy
    Expand Collapse

its fixed now, didnt even noticed

• Like Like x 1
  2. davidbrown62474065

davidbrown62474065
    Expand Collapse

Would it be possible to do a similar change to the official trailers so they have tow hitches too? That way you can link several together for a roadtrain. I've looked and found 2 that do it but they're both outdated and broken unfortunately

3. Sexylips35

Sexylips35
    Expand Collapse

Did it take 2 months to get progression done?

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Too many distractions... :(

Technically it is same way one can add those, but getting around doing them is fighting against...

5. davidbrown62474065

davidbrown62474065
    Expand Collapse

Totally understandable. If you don't get a chance fair enough, but if you do I'd certainly appreciate it. Thanks for the response

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It kinda has lot of bugs to sort out, but all buses can provide drive, which means acceleration is pretty much same as with single bus if one so wants:
    upload_2018-11-8_11-46-33.png upload_2018-11-8_11-48-19.png

Any number of buses or even articulated ones, when I manage to put hitch to that is possible to hook up, all can have drive or any combination or just one can have drive, just put bus to proper gear and have engine on or off, you can put other buses to park and test how much dead weight one bus can move:
    upload_2018-11-8_12-1-24.png

However bugs and bugs, need to find better way to add these than copying whole bumper and tow boom is too short, however much longer and can't make really corners on our tight packed maps.

I haven't asked permission to use articulated frame rear bumper so can't release that part, but I try different method to add features, however you can beta test towboom addition. Choose rear bumper tow hitch version and then under rear bumper new slot appears where you can select hitch and boom option, it is bit glitchy still though, but it does pickup speed like a single bus while having destructive power of many buses. You just need to tab trough each bus after attaching and select proper gear.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sexylips35

Sexylips35
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded the tow hitch for articulated bus, but it don't show on rear bumper selection, and i uninstalled tow hitch for a standard bus, not articulated one.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is only towhitch and towboom for regular bus for now, but it allows you to hook up many normal buses together.

9. Sexylips35

Sexylips35
    Expand Collapse

Kool

10. petro_din

petro_din
    Expand Collapse

Hi, did little editing and changed it to adapt "HD tow hitch" and added little weight to rear bumber.. much more to fun play with..

changed lines:
    bumber.jbeam -->
    {"group":"citybus_bumper_R"},
    {"nodeWeight":100}, //original was 4

and
    towhitch.jbeam-->
    ["tw", 0.00000, 6.64549, 0.48000,{"couplerTag":"tow_hitch_HD","couplerStrength":2001000,"couplerRadius":5}], //original was just tow_hitch

Attached Files:

• bus_hd_hitch.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice