Tornado - Mod - Beta

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by Artistterrymartin, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPEwcmh86n1z1iDMCVw7MsQfYKI?e=UEwJJl
    -Steer left right to move up down.
    -T to start the rotation
    -G presses is like tilt on a pinball machine, will jar it from the side to side some
    -When you spawn it, hit Control T to see the collisions triangles. It will spawn likely 400 feet too high in the air.
    -I prefer to set the triangles just above the ground so that I can steer left and right to lower it and raise it. Maybe some will get lucky and make it by, and others.... Bye.....
    -Not final mesh for funnel cloud.
    This is a bit heavy on the alpha effects. Have not had time to remake the visible model yet.
    -It can snag on track objects, it is a mod like a car, so if a car can hit it on a track, the tornado will too...but the tornado will stop spinning. There are no ground collisions though, that you don't have to worry about.

The lower it is in the ground, the wider the arms that pick up cars. and the higher up the more narrow.
    Don't let mesh fool you, it is the collision triangles that hit the cars. I would get some practice with triangles on to get a feel for it.
    upload_2022-9-21_20-0-47.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. Leavs_theSirenEnthusiast

Leavs_theSirenEnthusiast
    Expand Collapse

too large and way too strong imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, appreciate the feedback!

4. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

So it spawns as a vehicle and can be used on every map, or am I wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

It can be used on any map, just remember its collisions are vulnerable to the same road side collision meshes cars collide with. I had to use forest brush to delete a large patch of rocks and bushes, then removed a few signs on the road in the area it is placed. While there are no ground collisions to worry about, other things can snag it.
    This is basically a giant spinner but with arms that can scoop a car, suspended by two nodes high in air and low in ground but it can move around a bit. Control T to see the actual device. I tried to spawn it on a racetrack and the track objects caused it to snag.
    It would be much better with a redesign, one that does not do so much damage to the cars. Ideally it would gently scoop them up and have them rotate a few times before getting discarded. This is the first design, I will improve it, and the mesh too that you see on screen. Appreciate any feedback of course!
    Thanks

Oh, forgot, it is a vehicle you select

• Like Like x 1
  6. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Alright, so it is as cool as I reckoned it would be. Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Thanks ! there is a Car VS Tornado track that can be downloaded from the repo. Free road in Highway once loaded, but that tornado is animated DAE. There is also a hidden cone with a hole at the base of the funnel cloud. A spiral river in the cone and a few rivers leading to the cone. With particles for water off, it almost looks like wind influencing it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bariroland588

bariroland588
    Expand Collapse

so if i download dominator vehicle mod can i like kill the tornado or will the tornado kill the dominator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice