Tire wear and temperatures

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kuukkeli, Aug 24, 2019.

?

Which one do you agree with?

1. Tire wear

5.6%
  2. Tire temperatures

5.6%
  3. both of them

88.9%
  1. Kuukkeli

Kuukkeli
    Expand Collapse

don't exactly know how hard it is to implement to the game, but would be cool if at start you would have "cold tires" that don't grip much as "warmed up tires".

As I said earlier tire wear would be really nice also, so that your tires would wear out from burnouts, drifting or racing etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I think the features themselves aren't too difficult to create but I think it is difficult to create them without bugs so I think
    that is the reason why it still isn't present in the game. I have quite a bit of confidence that future releases (updates)
    will have this feature to enjoy, but of course, that's just speculating. Btw there is the update speculation thread for that too. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

To second @ManfredE3, there is basic code ingame for tire thermals, just disabled, and the devs have shown interest in it. But tire thermals are pretty difficult to get working across all the tire types in BeamNG accurately. I suspect a tire revamp with thermals will probably come at some point in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

im sure they are wanting to work on it. You CAN have tire wear without tire thermals if you just care about basic street tires but if you wanna have tire thermals you absolutely MUST add some kind of wear simulation. Least a 120º superglue liquid tire will be able to keep you going for 100+ laps

6. Gloriousthe1st

Gloriousthe1st
    Expand Collapse

yes we should as we do have brake temperature

7. sgm613

sgm613
    Expand Collapse

that would be really cool to have tire wear in-game. i don't think it would be to hard to implement into the game and we might get it soon:)

8. Kuukkeli

Kuukkeli
    Expand Collapse

for the tire wear, it would be cool to see visible damage after locking the tires or doing burnouts.

9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Brake temperature is probably MUCH easier to implement than proper tire temperature without having scripted stuff like in Assetto Corsa etc.

10. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Not necessarily (to the scripted part that is)

Calculating tire temperature should be able to be done on a per node basis... which would make it extremely realistic as then part of the tire can heat more than other parts of the tire... that being said though... if you have a tire with... ohhh... lets say 15 rays, and then you multiply that by 2 for 30 nodes per tire, and then you multiply that by 4 for your typical car to get 120 nodes.

So remember, even if the calculations aren't that difficult, for you average car, you will have to be doing the calculations 100 to 200 times per physics tick that happens 2000 times a second. So that's a task in itself.

Nevermind the issue with modifying parameters of a JBeam on the fly... that is also an issue with things like this...

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice