Tire marks and terrain height

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Paranoyd, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Paranoyd

Paranoyd
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, 2 quick (I hope) questions on the BeamNG editor. Making a map using only the editor (no 3rd party apps) and I noticed, after hours of drawing out the terrain height and saving, I no longer have any tire/skid marks on any portion of the terrain with any texture!? Is there a way to fix this, is it a bug or something more serious with the level I've been working on? The default levels still have the normal tire marks on them if I load one up.

Not a huge deal for me, but I want to make sure I can keep working on the map without more issues popping up later on.

Second comes when I try to import my terrain file (as a way of troubleshooting the above issue). It seems the ground level is preset based on the original map I started with. I've opened up various default maps, started fresh in the editor then imported my terrain map, but the actual ground height remains at whatever height the map I opened from the start had it set at. Sometimes my cars float a few feet off the ground, other times they fall through the texture and drive on an invisible barrier a couple feet below the terrain I imported. I've gone as far as deleting every object and everything from the list, on a blank, black, not lit map, I still hear the car reset and smack into some sort of "ground". Exactly where/how is this value set for the map? How can I change it?

Note - on maps that I simply start fresh without importing a terrain, my height maps seems to work fine.

2. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

have you restated the game? sometimes that fixes whatever random problems its encountering

3. Paranoyd

Paranoyd
    Expand Collapse

Yep. Been working on the map for a few days now. Noticed the lack of tire marks the second day in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice