Time-Trial "multiplayer"?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dagalufh, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Dagalufh

Dagalufh
    Expand Collapse

Hi

I just spoke to a friend and we got an idea. (if this has been suggested, i appologize but i have not seen it posted if i recall correctly)

Would it be possible to create some sort of Time Trial multiplayer support?
    What we mean is:
    - Player one starts a "multiplayer" session. Invites Player 2 through Steam or Player 2 joins via IP address.
    - Player one selects a scenario available to both players (only those that both has are visible in the selection)
    - Player on presses Start. Game starts to load on both player 1 and player 2 PCs.
    Each player runs the scenario on his own PC, without any more knowledge about the other than a +/- time appearing in the top right corner.
    - If a player crashes, he can retry, but at the end of a successful run, no retry or something. OR have this as an option: Allow retry during run? True/False.
    -After the run, the players are returned to the "lobby" awaiting eachother.
    -Times are compared on the scenario and a winner is appointed.

The plus side of this is that we can have a multiplayer time competition, without having to worry about synchronizing the damages or positions. Minimal network traffic. Players can host game themselfs, no external "server" needed.

This is just an idea, if it has been suggested before, then i appologize and the thread can be removed to stop duplicates.

Otherwise, let me know your thoughts. Also, Devs: Keep up the good work, would also like to hear your thoughts on an idea like this.

//Mikael

• Like Like x 1
  2. CrashCarAlex

CrashCarAlex
    Expand Collapse

Nice idea, but it is hard for multiplayer in beamng. Search up multiplayer. You will see.

(No hate)

3. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Did you read the entire post?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CrashCarAlex

CrashCarAlex
    Expand Collapse

Oh, um, must've read wrong! :oops:

Don't hate on me.

5. DW_Drummer

DW_Drummer
    Expand Collapse

The simple version of what you want, would be something like leaderboard support for the scenarios. Which is a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

It's a good suggestion, although I think it's fair to assume that it won't turn into a priority any time soon.

I believe that this is almost exactly how TrackMania's multiplayer works, with one small exception. IIRC in TrackMania both players are given X amount of time. If it's a 1-minute scenario then the players might be given 5 minutes or something like that. Each player may retry as many times as they want/can within the 5 minutes. Best time wins, even if the player completed a slower run afterwards.

7. Dagalufh

Dagalufh
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the response guys. An online leaderboard would be a start. Should br possible with a mod if it can just make a http call to a webserver with car, username or something, datetime, completiontime, scenario name.
    Would be doable i think...

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice