1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

The time of day, in the Environment options tab, is really confusing. It's set as a slider with no numbers, and you also have two other sliders beneath (which are enabled only if "Play" is enabled), which I didn't even know their purpose until I made this thread.

I know it's not quite a bug, but it's something I am really bothered by, and I believe should be an easy fix. I know it's all still a work in progress, but I wanted to give my feedback, because it's something that I find annoying.

Here's my suggestion as to how to simplify and better visualize this menu, and make it more accessible.

OLD:
    old.png

NEW:
    new.png

Now, next to the "time" slider, there's a text box. It displays the time (24 hours cycle). The play time "scale" is a single slider instead of two, and shows the multiplier relative to real time (so 15 means that every real life minute- 15 minutes have passed)

or:
    newalt.png

This setup has a clock, that displays the time selected in the slider. In my head, it works like the graphs from the steering wheel outputs from recent updates- shows in real time what changes you made.

Hope you find it useful, and hope to see this menu improved in the future!

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

So true...I roleplay a lot on here, and I tend to change the time that the story is taking place. However...considering that I don't know what time it is in-game (exactly), I have issues trying to get the looks of my screenshots to align with what I imagine the story to look like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice