1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Throttle on controller is too sensitive.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by sauceman, Feb 20, 2019.

1. sauceman

sauceman
    Expand Collapse

Since the recent update, I have had manually bind my controls to my MSI Gaming controller. The problem I am having is the RT trigger sensitivity. If I slightly press the trigger, it goes full throttle, making it difficult to drive certain cars. Prior to the update, the throttle would respond based on how much force was put to the trigger. I have tried adjusting the linearity and the filters, But it doesn't appear to do anything at all. The controller worked fine prior to the update. I have no idea what Linearity or the filters do.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Sounds like your trigger is acting as a button instead of an axis.
    Please first of all check if it's Steam doing that (Steam > Settings > Controller > Controller settings)

Then check in-game.
    In the Controls > Hardware menu, when you press the trigger, it should correspond to an axis. If instead it's showing a button, then the issue is outside the game.
    If it does show an axis moving, then check the bindings.
    Try to set the filter manually to 'Direct' (it's possible that automatic is picking pad or key):

Linearity is explained in-game, and its effect is visible in the graph in that same menu. In short, higher values makes the axis less sensible at the beginning, and more sensible at the end.

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

On my Logitech G27 the pedals are a bit odd, when you first load the game, slightly touching the pedals makes them jump to 100%... but if you fully depress the pedals then it sorts itself out.. maybe try fully pushing in all the possible axi's (throttle brake steering) ..

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

This is not related to BeamNG.drive, these logitech pedals (also G25 pedals) require the user to fully press them once after you've plugged the device to the USB port.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice