This car can go...SEVEN TIMES the speed of sound! PROVEN! - Automation Collab Project

Discussion in 'Automation' started by Inn0centJok3r, Jan 19, 2019.

Tags:
?

Will this forever remain the fastest Automation car?

1. Yes

25.4%
  2. Maybe

74.6%
  1. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I think you guys are at the structural limits on the physics engine on tyres.... @Diamondback can you provide any insight here or can the tyres be made to go any higher?

2. inducedirmine92

inducedirmine92
    Expand Collapse

10/10 wheel expand

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheKraken

TheKraken
    Expand Collapse

Deo Volente. Physics and design concept

I would just like to add that the fact that anyone can even make a road legal car go anywhere near 1,700 mph is ridiculously impressive. Tires are one of the major reasons real life production cars have not yet achieved 300 mph+. For instance the bugatti chiron has a limited top speed of 261 mph because it's tires could not handle the g -forces. In fact at top speed the edge of the chirons tires are experiencing 3,800 g's. Given that the tires on the deo volente had the same diameter tires as the chiron's and at 1,700 mph, they would be experiencing ~247,509 G's. However they do not have the same diameter at top speed. By my best estimate the tires at top speed have a diameter of 5.5 feet or 1.7 meters. This tire expansion is the line between real life and beamng, because obviously tires on a real car couldn't expand ~2.2 times there own size like that that. Although comical and stupid looking the tire expansion is the only reason this car can reach its top speed. Suspension strength, and tire strength comes in after. now that the tires have expanded, at top speed the car's tires are only experiencing 112,502 G's, which obviously is still a lot and way more than any tire in real life can handle. The only reason these tires can hold that G load is because of Innocentjoker's fantastic work in the Jbeam files of this car, in which the tires have been modified to sustain the extreme forces.

Other facts:

If you want you can try and calculate the force of the wind resistance on the front of the car. I didn't because its 9 o'clock on wednesday and I can only do so much math. Here is the formula

ARF.png
    Aerodynamic Features:

The Deo Volente uses four Aerodynamic tricks to help reach its top speed.

1. Advanced rear diffuser.

No, I don't mean your aunts essential oil diffuser. No, we are talking car aerodynamics baby. When the car is traveling at high speed air is being directed around the car. This can be over it, to the side or even under. However when your moving at really high speeds, the air is going to have a hard time getting past your car. In fact the faster you go, the harder it is for the air to get by. This causes drag. Drag is any mach 2 car's worst enemy. There are many ways in which drag can slow your car, but now where talking about the back. Yes the back, I know it seems like the least of your worries would be the back of your car but actually that's not true. In the Deo Volente's case so much drag is occuring in the rear of the car, in a place called a low pressure zone.

LPZ.png

This shows basically what a low pressure zone looks like. The particular car in the image has no rear diffuser so its getting lots of drag. The de volente has a large and very effective rear diffuser, to eliminate as much of the low pressure zone as possible. Here's how. air is passing underneath the volente at low pressure. As the air passes to the rear of the vehicle through the diffuser, the air expands through an expansion chamber. Through this expansion, air speed is reduced and pressure is increased (through what is called the Venturi effect). This pressure differential between the low-pressure air under the car and the high pressure at the rear creates a vacuum sucking air out from under the car. With high-pressure air above the car and low pressure under the car, high downforce is created while reducing the low pressure zone. I know this can seem confusing but there you go.

DIF.png

2. Front lip

The Front lip works by directing ar over a flat surface, therefore creating a higher pressure above the lip, and a lower pressure beneath it, Shoving the front into the ground. Most of the cars downforce is actually directed to the front rather than the rear for stability in top speed runs. When a car accelerates weight is lifted of of the front and onto the back, (not literally but basically so). that lack of weight over the front reduces handling, therefore making the car harder to steer to the direction you want. To counter that lift, the lip was placed to push the front back down under acceleration, restoring handling so you have the ability to make steering adjustments at higher speed.

LIP.png

3. Rear Wing.

Yes, yes a rear wing makes down force for the back so you don't magically oversteer and die right? Well yes, But the deo volente's particular wing, has more complicated aerodynamics in mind. Have you wondered why we didn't just slap a huge wing on the back fort the most stability? If you have, wonder no more. Not only does a large wing create more drag, but it also fails to help remove that pesky low pressure zone behind the car.

WIng.png

The car on top has no wing, which helps with the rear low pressure zone, but we need down force for stability. The second car shows a large rear wing. The kind you would see on a track oriented car. This wing would generate large amounts of down force, and would make the rear very stable. However not only is the wing itself making too much drag, it's also ignoring the rear low pressure zone. The final car has a smaller wing. as you can see the air is being directed over the wing, while also creating a drag reducing effect on the rear of the car. What we needed for the Volente, was a mixture of cars 1 and 2.

DVRWD.png

4. Fast Back

A fast back is basically just what the rear of the cabin looks like. The longer it slobes back, the less chance for a Second rear low pressure zone. As this image demonstrates:
    FB.png

The Volente is a fastback, to reduce as much drag as possible. The slope of the cabin is actually not perfect , in fact it's designed to create a small area of low pressure near the rear wing! Low pressure is generated by the slope of the the cabin under the wing to get an even larger sum of down force! Unfortunately if we are talking realistically Beamng's aerodynamic physics only go so far, so the slope back low pressure under the wing business isn't actually doing anything until maybe one day the physics will be good enough.

Thanks for reading this far! maybe you won't look on this as "Just a silly automation car" we put thought into this ok man! BTW i'm not an expert on aerodynamics, if I did make a mistake somewhere please please please feel free to call me out on it. Thanks!

#23 TheKraken, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

how stiff does the suspension actually have to be to handle all of this downforce at such high speeds? surely the springs must be insanely stiff not to bottom out.

and with front-biased downforce to "push the front back down under acceleration, restoring handling so you have the ability to make steering adjustments at higher speed", doesn't the car get unstable when off-throttle, since there is no longer a rearward weight transfer to counteract? how does this work at these extremely high speeds?

and also, is the car drivable on the street as a daily? what kind of mpg does it get in different situations, and how easy is it to drive at low speeds with low throttle? i'd love to see a nordschleife lap-time as well.

5. TheKraken

TheKraken
    Expand Collapse

For when your not accelerating the car uses the standard automation downforce undertray, which keeps the back stable along with the dual side lips on the rear wing. MPG is very poor because it is a 10 liter V8. In real life the car would have a cilinder shut down mode where you could drive it using only 6 cilinders rather than 8. The car comes with maximum beamng fuel capacity so it should not be a problem for you in the game. Low speed handling is still being worked on. As much as we want it to be completely stable and easy to drive at normal speeds, the lack of real active aero is a big problem for that. I highly recommend that you don’t drive it around with the nitrous active, because you get major tourqe steer with that much horsepower on hand all the time. In the end this car is designed for top speed. Nothing is going to stop you from driving this around as a normal car though, in fact I would call it better than the other top speed orientated automation cars. Maybe here and there the steering may be a bit strange but that’s just a current bug that we have not worked on yet, but we will in the future.
    --- Post updated ---

For exactly how the suspension is configured, you would need to ask @Inn0centJok3r he modified all that. As far as I know from driving it, the suspension doesn’t seem ridiculously stiff or anything. The car can never bottom out, because of the wheel expansion. By the time your at top speed the car will actually be much higher off of the ground

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

The Deo handles pretty poorly at low speed due to the wanky steering caused by the Deflated tires. I think they’re a bug, as even if I put the old values back into the wheel files, the tires still will be deflated but I don’t know why yet.
    You may be surprised, put the car actually manages 10-12 liters per 100km because of the massively long gears and the simple fact that it features a 12 speed DCT.
    The suspension stiffness hasn’t been edited in Beamng. It’s straight from Automation. The only thing I edited in the suspension the stiffness and strength of the steering.
    Also, is there a Nürburgring map in beamNG? If so, do you have a link or know how it’s forum thread is called? I would love to take it around The green hell!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steveb2002

Steveb2002
    Expand Collapse

This is absolutely insane. I thought my 300mph automation car was crazy. Bravo!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

DAMN,THOSE CALCLATION,just like a real enginier, a great dedication, just insane, i cant say more words....
    GREAT JOB!.idk what to say again
    I Cant wait to see its cross 5k kmh so i can steal the jbeam.. keep it up!

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

i believe this is it, just avoid the guardrails and be a little cautious on the curbs (unless your tires are already deflated i suppose)
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/nordschleife-reuploaded-need-help-to-improve-quality.35143/

also, wow that's way more efficient than i would have expected from a supercharged engine. although i suppose you probably haven't edited the values, so it just ported over the NA fuel efficiency. still, the extremely low-drag from your body could play a major role in your good fuel economy.
    maybe to make it a bit more realistic, have the supercharger inactive under 40% throttle, just so that 19.5-23.5 mpg is more believable lol.

10. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

You know... I thought the exact same when I Built my Eurohawk... it could break 300mph at first, but now, can surpass 434mph. But that’s nothing compared to the Deo xD
    9ECE63B3-57EF-4B9A-B63A-966AC828B697.png C5B4D1FD-A1A6-4757-9DA8-911CE06C7E49.png 7D4D8481-4F68-4F5C-94A3-FE0B50B77414.png A0E2EA52-D6B6-464D-93B8-0AB47E453E79.png
    --- Post updated ---
    I never saw this, ok? xD
    Basically it can go 3300km/h as an estimate from me. But I don’t know how much further it can go. Maybe 4000km/h as highest estimate. But who knows! Maybe I’ll even top that..
    Thanks for the nice words! Me and TheKraken really put a lot of work and a lot of testing into this car to make its point clear!

• Like Like x 2
  11. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Did you reduce aerodynamic resistance on car body?

12. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

I basically set it to 0.
    The only things that produce drag are the wings and maybe the engine

13. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

My config menu looks different. The engine simply says "Car Engine" and in there is "Supercharger" and "Transmission" with no dropdown for NOS.

14. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

Download the newest version of the car ^^
    It features everything you need.
    But watch out for version 3.0 since my newest update that lets the car go 4100km/h has yet to be approved.
    Sometime today it should be approved. The moderators take their time

15. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

We reached Mach 6!!
    after some more editing and adding power with NOS, the Deo came to a top speed of 7453km/h!!
    We will smash 10.000km/h soon if this keeps on going like that xD

Also dont look at the donk wheels too hard....
    mach6.png
    It now outputs 9000HP and has 9050 Liters of gas. Luckily that doesnt add any weight xD
    9050l.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

We are reaching terminal Velocity....
    Mach 7.1... 8800km/h....5468mph....
    We are there soon. 10.000km/h is near!
    Also, thank you @simon1234 for telling me how to fix up the tires! I hope this isnt too overkill!
    terminalvelocity.png nodeflatedtires.png
    Ill experiment a bit more around with tires and values I havent touched before.
    Anyway, Im out for today! Bye!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous275

Anonymous275
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome i like good looking cars having full tires xD

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

holy
    absolute
    crap
    how even, how?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steveb2002

Steveb2002
    Expand Collapse

5000 mph... can't wait to drive across the entire country of USA in 30 minutes

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DREAKON

DREAKON
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmm... 9555kph? I can Beat that...

Attached Files:

• SONICTHECAR.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice