The unnecessarily long post regarding diversity

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Яeverse Bass, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

Dear developers and fellow forum users,

I'd very much like to talk about the diversity.
    First of all, I admire the diversity of vehicles in BeamNG. When I first started my newly acquired copy, I found myself having the pleasure of choosing between vastly different styles of transportation means. No other car behaved similar to another one. And while I still firmly believe that the developers are trying to make each car unique in its own way, which they do a really great job at, I want to voice my request for more variety rather than quantity.

Every new addition so far, with the possible exception of the Roamer, has their own traits. To speak critique, the Roamer hasn't got enough of a differentiation for my personal taste in comparison to the D-15. Perhaps certain, exclusive parts will arrive at a later moment, but as of right now, this is not the case. Without too much negativity, this is the one and only instance of its kind.

Anyhow, considering that most vehicles featured in the Wiki as 'In development' appear to be regular cars — for the sake of quantity I presume — I'd like to give a few examples of what I think would enrichen the overall BeamNG experience and cover even more ground as a simulator.

I understand that this post arguably belongs into the 'Vehicle suggestions' thread, yet I felt that due to my suggestions being effectively different from a 'I want this car *picture*' in nature because of the general message I want to convey, I couldn't possibly resist to make a new thread. I intentionally tried to avoid very specific examples, yet with certain types of vehicles, I found it a rather hard task. Without much further ado, here are a few ideas of what would make for an entirely new experience:

Formula 1 car

It would behave very differently from each current car and bring something fresh to the table. It doesn't have to be a formula one car exactly, but perhaps something specifically designed for high speeds around race tracks. And preferably, easily breakable.

30s - 40s car

We all know how those look like. And that it has its own style surely a lot of users enjoy as well. It could easily be modified to become a 'Hot Rod', or a cheap alternative for a derby car.

Military inspired SUV

Even without resorting to pictures, one should have a very specific car in mind when reading. But make no mistake, I do not want a carbon copy at all; I merely tried to express my desire for a big, bad SUV, since the Roamer doesn't cut it for me.

Electric car

What I had in mind, is a very small and swift, yet mildly sporty vehicle utilising the power of electricity. I can't see it excelling at many things, but BeamNG's green policy might provide power for free!

Haul truck

If the AT-TE is too futuristic for you, you might resort to this heavy piece of machinery in order to flatten cars. Seeing as we can equip a cement mixer on the T-series, which is mostly used to maximise the force in collisions by the community, I surely hope for a large quarry map to transport things with such a huge vehicle.

Because I do not bore you overly much, these are only a few examples I could think of, which would be, in my honest opinion, amazing additions to the game as official content.

But anyways, rather than wanting to see exactly those in-game, I'd like to spark interest for more diversity as well as exclusive content you won't find in other games very often. I hope that the developers include even more variety to their game.

Yours sincerely,

A satisfied customer with high expectations

Seriously, you can wake up now! Go look at SixSixSevenSeven's profile picture, it will work better than coffee.

2. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

This is a very well-written and nice post. :)

I agree with all those suggestions, and I hope that we'll at least get vehicle mods featuring similar vehicles in the future. We might get more diversity after all Gabester's initial vehicle models have been finished and put in game, and I'm quite happy with the way things are moving now.

3. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

Thanks

Thank you for your kind words. I indeed put some effort and thought into it.

For instance, as much as a haul truck might seem out of place on maps like EC USA or Hirochi Raceway, I'd like to assume that those recently added rocks serve a higher purpose than demolishing vehicles, which I surely enjoy just as well.

Or the electric car being advantegous due to the rising prices for oil in general, while many countries provide the clean alternatives for free. Seeing as certain scenarios don't require you to compete against the clock, it might reduce your overall costs in your career, which I'm very curious about. :)

4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Green Policy

We don't want BeamNG to be engulfed in smog now.
    :p

Also to bass or the inverted type: Nice 99 posts.

5. ned228

ned228
    Expand Collapse

A true race car I would also like to see in game. I would also like to see some scenarios with a race car. All of the other cars mentioned would also be fun.

6. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Yea, something of the GT/LMP classes, i know beamng "is not all about race cars and race tracks" but that doesnt mean there cant and shouldnt be any at all.

7. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

Excellent post. I had been considering putting something similar together, but you did a much better job than I would have. About the Formula 1 car, Dummiesman teased us with an image of an unfinished Formula 1 model...Not sure if that's going to be official content, though.

8. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

And Nadeox with his unfinished Formula car awhile back...

9. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Agree! Especially this: :D
    Something like a Unimog U5000 or GAZ-66 would be nice.

#9 NaxNir, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

Meaning my OCD has to kick in and even it up: Boom, 100 posts!

Although I assume you have no idea of what an reverse(d attack) bass is. :p
    Thanks, I surely hope so!

11. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice