The Endurodrome (inspired by FailRace's Driven Till Destruction)

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by Jon the VGNerd, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

Disclaimer: I take NO CREDIT for the mods used (not counting non-modded vehicles) for the videos made. All credit for mods goes to respective authors. And I do not intend on stealing FailRace's original idea of the original Endurodrome videos on YouTube, all original credit of Driven Till Destruction videos goes to FailRace himself.

Since watching FailRace's Driven Till Destruction Endurodrome, I wanted to give out a try myself from the videos I recorded myself (but not at a crisp 60 FPS since my PC isn't too high-end, but can hold it's own well 25-30 FPS at best), though unlike FailRace himself, I'm not great with commentary but can fill in details from videos posted (2 or 3 at best). Will start at top 3, but more will be added when more videos are posted. Also, distances aren't always accurate!

Also, all videos will be uploaded through DailyMotion instead of YouTube, just letting you know is all.

LEADERBOARD

1. H-Series Cabster Flatbed - Lap 9 (18.1 miles) - Driveshaft
    2. Gavril Roamer - Lap 8 (14.6 miles) - Overheating
    3. Hopper Classic - Lap 7 (11.8 miles) - Overheating
    4. Raven R60 - Lap 6 (10.8 miles) - Clutch
    5. The Terrible - Lap 5 (11.8 miles) - Overheating
    6. Satsuma 210 1000 Pickup SWB - Lap 5 (9.0 miles) - Steering + Chassis
    7. Gavril T-Series (Fifth Wheel) - Lap 5 (8.3 miles) - Steering
    8. Maluch 126p - Lap 4 (7.4 miles) - Steering
    9. '87 Gavril T-Series - Lap 4 (7.4 miles) - Engine
    10. Hopper Custom - Lap 4 (7.0 miles) - Overheating
    11. Autobello Piccolina (Rally) - Lap 4 (5.6 miles) - Suspension
    12. Grand Marshall Drift Missile - Lap 3 (5.7 miles) - Steering
    13. Bruckell Alauda (YBR) - Lap 3 (5.8 miles) - Driveshaft
    14. TS67 - Lap 3 (5.1 miles) - Steering
    15. Pigeon w/ Stabilizers - Lap 3 (5.4 miles) - Overheating
    16. Kessler Stowaway - Lap 3 (4.9 miles) - Overheating
    17. Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Lap 3 (5.6 miles) - Wheel + Suspension
    18. Covet Rally - Lap 3 (4.8 miles) - Wheel Axle
    19. Grand Marshall SQ-D Woody - Lap 3 (4.5 miles) - Overheating
    20. Sunburst Hatchback - Lap 3 (4.3 miles) - Overheating
    21. Maluch 126p (Tuned Convertible) - Lap 3 (4.2 miles) - Steering
    22. Miramar Street Tuned - Lap 3 (4.0 miles) - Driveshaft
    23. Ibishu Voleka - Lap 3 (5.0 miles) - Overheating
    24. Moonhawk Derby - Lap 3 (5.2 miles) - Overheating
    25. Burnside Ute - Lap 3 (5.3 miles) - Overheating
    26. The Awful - Lap 3 (4.9 miles) - Overheating
    27. Ibishu Pessima - Lap 3 (4.0 miles) - Wheel Axle
    28. Gladiator Rally Raid - Lap 3 (4.1 miles) - Overheating
    29. Pessima Fastback - Lap 2 (4.7 miles) - Overheating
    30. D15 Bandito - Lap 2 (5.1 miles) - Overheating
    31. ETK W - Lap 2 (3.8 miles) - Driveshaft
    32. Ibishu Dove D200 - Lap 2 (3.7 miles) - Overheating
    33. Covet Driving School - Lap 2 (3.1 miles) - Overheating
    34. H-Seies 70's Vanster - Lap 2 (3.2 miles) - Overheating
    35. ETK 800 Hybrid - Lap 2 (3.3 miles) - Steering
    36. Burnside Taxi - Lap 2 (3.1 miles) - Overheating
    37. School Bus - Lap 2 (4.2 miles) - Flat Tires
    38. Civettalina - Lap 2 (3.0 miles) - Overheating
    39. Pessima Hatchback - Lap 2 (2.8 miles) - Wheel Axle
    40. VW Scirocco - Lap 2 (4.3 miles) - Overheating
    41. Semi EU (Scania) - Lap 2 (2.7 miles) - Driveshaft
    42. ETK C-Series - Lap 2 (2.3 miles) - Driveshaft x2
    43. Charmand 1100 (Rally) - Lap 2 (2.3 miles) - Overheating
    44. Gavril Bandit - Lap 2 (2.1 miles) - Driveshaft
    45. LeGran Custom - Lap 2 (2.3 miles) - Wheel Axle
    46. H-Series Camper Van - Lap 1 (1.7 miles) - Driveshaft x2
    47. C1500 State Prison - Lap 1 (2.2 miles) - Intershaft
    48. Beater Covet - Lap 1 (2.5 miles) - Overheating
    49. '73 Pigeon - Lap 1 (2.5 miles) - Fuel Tank
    50. ETK I-Series Cabrio - Lap 1 (1.8 miles) - Fuel Tank
    51. Sunburst Off-Road - Lap 1 (1.7 miles) - Wheel Axle x2
    52. Civetta Bolide - Lap 1 (1.5 miles) - Wheel Axle
    53. '17 SBR4 - Lap 1 (1.6 miles) - Steering
    54. 200BX "Demon" - Lap 1 (1.6 miles) - Wheel Axle x2
    55. ETK K-Series (Trackday) - Lap 1 (1.6 miles) - Engine
    56. HellHopper - Lap 1 (1.3 miles) - Steering
    57. Sunburst Rally - Lap 1 (1737.3 yards) - Wheel Axle x2
    58. LeGran Convertible - Lap 1 (1623.9 yards) - Engine
    59. Bruckell Alauda (Miami) - Lap 1 (1524.4 yards) - Steering

#1 Jon the VGNerd, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

Cause of Failure: Overheating

The Terrible, unlike the original Moonhawk, handled pretty well up until the 5th lap, where repeated oil starvation coupled with overheating was starting to give way. And the rear axles were protruding after hitting a rock, and forcing me to go around the jump due to it going into a crab-walk until overheating did itself in.

Results: The Terrible - Lap 5 (11.8 miles) - Overheating

Cause of Failure: Tires (Beached Onto Rocks)

The School Bus is, supposedly, quite durable, at least in the early lap before the mud pit, which blew its first rear tire, and later while entering the gas station, inadvertently driving over the rebar (I think?) and the bus was struggling to keep its momentum going, and once it hit nose-first onto the rocks, all that momentum the bus had was pretty much done for. And try as I might, but I couldn't pull the bus free at all, thanks to its back tires having blown (even if I set the node grabber to 100%, it wouldn't make much difference and I'll end up tearing the bus apart instead, just to pull it free), which led to both its back tires being shredded on the first lap that it was struggling to keep going until it couldn't go further, even with node grabber (it was a very heavy bus too!).

Results: School Bus - Lap 2 (4.2 miles) - Tires (Beached Onto Rocks)

#2 Jon the VGNerd, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  3. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

The Burnside Ute did decently for 3 laps, but being a vintage car, it gave way much sooner around the 2nd lap, and despite being a decent off-roader albeit getting plenty of damage, it limped and beached itself on the ramp on the 3rd lap from being completely overheated.

Results: Burnside Ute - Lap 3 (5.3 miles) - Overheating

The Beater Covet was, to put it simply, not going to last in the Endurodrome because let's face it, it's a beater (or a jalopy, however you call it). It faired okay, but it never went close to making its second lap.

Results: Beater Covet - Lap 1 (2.5 miles) - Overheating

Cause of Failure: Steering

I had expected the HellHopper to fair well in the Endurodrome and last a good amount of laps, but the rock jump killed the steering altogether. With a rough landing coupled by a rollover meant the steering is as good as done for. A total shame, but the Endurodrome is never forgiving, at all.

Results: HellHopper - Lap 1 (1.3 miles) - Steering

#3 Jon the VGNerd, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  4. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

The Scirocco is a pretty decent car, which, of course, didn't fared well throughout the second lap from overheating, and it was quickly falling apart throughout the race. All's well that ends well.

Result: VW Scirocco - Lap 2 (4.3 miles) - Overheating

Cause of Failure: Fuel Tank

Normally, the older Pigeon would've gone out with steering, yet it seems that landing onto its back from a jump after a rollover led to the fuel tank to rupture and never made it any further than a lap.

Result: '73 Pigeon - Lap 1 (2.5 miles) - Fuel Tank

Cause of Failure: Fuel Tank

I had thought of the Cabrio to be making it at least a lap, maybe more, but it unsurprisingly ended up with a fuel tank rupture and never advanced through in the end.

Result: ETK I-Series Cabrio - Lap 1 (1.8 miles) - Fuel Tank

5. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

Despite not having its radiator damaged, the temperature was rising on ts own noticeably fast, and the oil starvation from a few rollovers seemed to have made it overheat quicker throughout, even on the second lap. My guess is that the Pessima Fastback isn't quite reliable around the Endurodrome, hence why it didn't last long.

Results: Pessima Fastback - Lap 2 (4.7 miles) - Overheating

Cause of Failure: Driveshaft

The flatbed was surprisingly durable and quite a fierce competitor int he Endurodrome, and quite difficult to rollover as well. Eventually after nine laps from jittering around the bumps and rocks, the driveshaft was eventually killed off, the impact from the rock pit dislodging said driveshaft int he process. All in all, this car was bound to last around the Endurodrome and being quite heavy-duty, it's quite tough to kill save for the driveshaft damage.

Results: Cabster Flatbed - Lap 9 (18.1 miles) - Driveshaft

#5 Jon the VGNerd, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  6. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

lag!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

What do you think? Unless I can get a better PC, these will have to do, so better than nothing. Sorry if I can't afford myself a much more powerful PC for the time being.

8. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

its fine, i bought a new pc and specs a
    rin my sig

9. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

So as it turns out,t he SSAO was the main reason behind the lag, and disabling it gave me a good, 30 FPS. I deleted all of my pre-recorded videos and longer segments will have to be uploaded to YouTube because DailyMotion is limited to only 30 minutes or so. Still, let's see what I can do about them by making freshly-new videos.

10. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

(Decided to upload more, after disabling SSAO that was the main reason behind the lag. If the videos are still laggy, then I'm sorry but there's really nothing I can do anything about it.)

The Ibishu Dove D200 was quite the beast in terms of speed, handling and even durability around the track, though once its radiator gave out, its turbo only made things worse throughout the second lap. Afterwards, the truck had soon crawled to an early stop once the temperature reached at max.

Results: Ibishu Dove D200 - Lap 2 (3.7 miles) - Overheating

I read that ETK models, mainly the newer models, are notorious for them to break quite easily (though that's just my opinion). The Hybrid was no exception and only made another lap before its engine broke, which, to my surprise, kept going but the steering went out. It was still drivable, but the steering was out enough for it to not go any further than that.

Results: ETK800 Hybrid - Lap 2 (3.3 miles) - Steering

Cause of Failure: Wheel Axle x2

Despite the off-road version of the Sunburst having potential, it seems it was bound to break apart after the rock jump that snapped off the first wheel axle. Afterwards, an awkward jump caused the rear left wheel to tear away from the landing, and despite landing back on three wheels (the fourth one was torn away completely), it became high-centered due to the rear right wheel not getting any power, and the front right wheel was not touching the ground. A shame such a powerful off-road car was short lived.

Results: Sunburst Off-Road - Lap 1 (1.7 miles) - Wheel Axle x2

11. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

Cause of Failure: Engine

One of the oddest thing I found about this car is that the brakes were being weird before even taking off. And despite a strong start, the rock pit basically took the engine out and never proceeded any further. A strong car yet with a fragile engine makes the LeGran Convertible doomed from the very start. And another odd thing is that the distance meter kept going, even though the LeGran's engine broke.

Results: LeGran Convertible - Lap 1 (1623.9 yards) - Engine

The Maluch (the original 126p) was a small yet surprisingly durable little car, even if it's obviously underpowered. It faired suprisingly well within the next three laps, but a crash into the barrier, which bent the wheel altogether and being left unable to steer anymore. Still a surprisingly good show nonetheless.

Results: Maluch 126p - Lap 4 (7.4 miles) - Steering[/SPOILER]

The Scania look-a-like was fairly durable, up until the second lap where the impact against the rocks was enough to mangle the driveshaft. Even if I saw it coming, it would've been too late to avoid it. And the rocks win that round too.

Results: Semi EU (Scania) - Lap 2 (2.6 miles) - Driveshaft

#11 Jon the VGNerd, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  12. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

Cause of Failure: Suspension

I picked the Rally version of the Piccolina for it to see how it fared up against the Endurodrome... and by god, it took one, repeated abuse to the next, especially with series of rollovers and even crashing into trees due to lack of control. And speaking of lack of control, the entire front of the car was pointing down to the point where its springs were protruding where it shouldn't be. And amid a broken rear left axle, it couldn't go any further after a fourth lap. And because the front end was pointing downwards in such a mangled manner, it was unable to put down any kind of power whatsoever. Sure I dragged it over the bumps just to muster it up, but the Piccolina said it's clearly had enough.

Results: Autobello Piccolina (Rally) - Lap 4 (5.6 miles) - Suspension

Cause of Failure: Engine

Well, what can I say? The ETK cars are notorious for falling into pieces when driven hard and the Trackday version was no exception. First the front driveshaft broke, then the landing fromt he jump pretty much killed the engine altogether. 'nuff said.

Results: ETK K-Series (Trackday) - Lap 1 (1.6 miles) - Engine

13. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

Well, what to say about this car? The steering went out earlier at the start, and the jump basically finished it off altogether. It basically took over the LeGran Convertible's last place position so it now became the new last place car in the Endurodrome with steering failure.

Results: Bruckell Alauda (Miami) - Lap 1 (1524.4 yards) - Steering

The Grand Marshall SQ-D Woody wagon faired fairly well, but durability-wise, it gave way from overheating after just two laps. Aside from windows having missing textures, the wagon is quite heavy and didn't stopped rolling over as I had a hard time getting it back onto its wheels as well.

Results: Grand Marshall SQ-D Woody - Lap 3 (4.5 miles) - Overheating

Cause of Failure: Driveshaft x2

Again, ETK vehicles aren't well known for durability, and the C-Series was no exception on the first lap. And ont he second lap, it wa ssupposedly gonna go down with overheating because the temperature was racking up, but the speedbump completely destroyed both driveshafts at once, thus rendering it as good as undrivable.

Results: ETK C-Series - Lap 2 (2.3 miles) - Driveshaft x2

14. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

I gotta say, the Pigeon didn't went out with steering as it normally should in the Endurodrome. Even as its steering was failing, it put up an amazing fight and kept going before its engine seized up with overheating from a crash during the second lap. And unlike the '73 Pigeon, it went much further than expected as well for a good few laps as well.

Results: Pigeon w/ Stabilizers - Lap 3 (5.4 miles) - Overheating

Unlike its sibling, The Terrible, The Awful sadly never made it any further after getting its radiator knocked out from a hard landing during the second lap. And the third lap was all she wrote, especially from being upside down repeatedly copuled with oil starvation. And it doesn't go last, but it couldn't beat its sibling which did a lot better (even if I managed to get it to roll down the hill even after it was fully overheated).

Results: The Awful - Lap 3 (4.9 miles) - Overheating

15. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

Cause of Failure: Wheel + Suspension

For a supposedly tough police car, the Crown Vic didn't fared well on the first lap when the right front wheel began to gave way after a landing from the rock pit. And once the wheel was torn off from the speed bump, it went decently well int he next two laps, though its whole front was basically touching the ground to the point where it can't put anymore power from being hit against the rock pit. And since it was down to three wheels, all of its momentum was killed off from trying to get through a hill, and pretty much it was just left sitting there because its front suspensions were damaged, coupled with its right front wheel having torn away earlier. In other words, the Crown Vic was K.I.A. in the Endurodrome.

Results: Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Lap 3 (5.6 miles) - Wheel + Suspension

The YBR variant handled much better than the Miami variant of the Alauda. Needless to say, it was falling apart with suspension giving way along with the chassis, and the speed bump on the third lap was enough to finish it off by destroying the driveshaft before the overheating could ever get there.

Results: Bruckell Alauda (YBR) - Lap 3 (5.8 miles) - Driveshaft

Being a military vehicle, the Hopper Classic was quite the contender, even beating The Terrible and can take on much punishment before overheating gave way. Even after steering problems along with a broken driveshaft, it soldiered on, pun intended, for several laps, especially after getting a series of rollovers. And it was quite faster than the regular Hopper as well. Even though it didn't took first place, it's still worthy to be at least in the top ten.

Results: Hopper Classic - Lap 7 (11.8 miles) - Overheating

#15 Jon the VGNerd, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  16. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

THe Rally Raid version faired quite well, even after its front was basically dragging itself down onto the ground, though it seems to be better reinforced compared to the original Gladiator. Still, the overheating pretty much did itself in right at the 3rd lap.

Results: Gladiator Rally Raid - Lap 3 (4.1 miles) - Overheating

Cause of Failure: Clutch

(Not sure why the video was suffering from framerate issues, it may likely be either the game's end or the OBS, since OBS tends to be laggy at certain points.)

The Raven R60 was quite a durable car before the clutch was instantaneously destroyed before Lap 5. To my surprise, the car kept going even after its clutch was destroyed and miraculously made another lap. Of course, its momentum was slowed and the landing on the rocks was enough to kill it altogether. Even if I were to pull it free, there wouldn't be any point because the clutch was already destroyed. Still, it did very well in the Endurodrome.

Results: Raven R60 - Lap 6 (10.8 miles) - Clutch

#16 Jon the VGNerd, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  17. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

The Raven R60 is indestructible, that's probably why you drove for so long.

HECK YA, 100th MESSAGE!!

#17 MrCin, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

Unlike its normal counterpart found in the original Endurodrome video, the '17 SBR4 didn't made it very far, as a series of rollovers had soon caused the front right wheel to lock up, rendering it completely useless for it to steer it in any way. And I had a difficult time controlling it too, even with its AWD feature.

Results: '17 SBR4 - Lap 1 (1.6 miles) - Steering

The Gavril Bandit is a pretty good car in terms of appearance, speed and handling, but in the Endurodrome, it was short-lived. From its second lap, the landing from driving through the ramp basically dislodged the driveshaft, rendering it undrivable and it's potential was sadly cut short.

Results: Gavril Bandit - Lap 2 (2.1 miles) - Driveshaft

SPOILER]Cause of Failure: Steering

The Grand Marshall Drift Missile was quite durable around the Endurodrome, int he first two laps at least. At the third lap, the front left wheel wasn't looking all great, and even though my driving error did this, I didn't have much control admittedly enough. And a crash against the concrete barrier was enough to completely lock itself where it can't steer at all at the third lap. Driver error or not, the Drift Missile has had it.

(Even though the distance counter went up to 5.8 miles, it stopped at 5.7 miles from steering failure.)

Results: Grand Marshall Drift Missile - Lap 3 (5.7 miles) - Steering[/SPOILER]

19. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

The Charmand 1000 handled decently, though the soft suspension combined with a rough landing knocked the radiator out. And the turbo only made it worse by overheating quicker, thus ending the run quite early on the 2nd lap.

Results: Charmand 1000 (Rally - Lap 2 (2.3 miles) - Overheating

The Gavril T-Series was a tough as nails vehicle around the Endurodrome, even kept driving even when both of its wheels from the front right was torn away. Of course, it was having trouble backing up whenever it gets stick around the chicane. And yes, while this was a driving error, the concrete barrier ruined the steering, and soon after being unable to steer anywhere, I wound up crashing towards the container, further killing its steering altogether.

Results: Gavril T-Series (Fifth Wheel) - Lap 5 (8.3 miles) - Steering

Older, vintage cars aren't well known for their reliability, especially when it comes to overheating much quickly even when the radiator doesn't break (though the radiator did go out on the 2nd lap). And the Burnside Taxi never made it anywhere further throughout the Endurodrome. Only managed to get it to roll down the hill, but that's all she wrote.

Results: Burnside Taxi - Lap 2 (3.1 miles) -Overheating

#19 Jon the VGNerd, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  20. Jon the VGNerd

Jon the VGNerd
    Expand Collapse

The Covet Driving School did better than the beater version, though the speed bump took out the radiator and only lasted a second lap before it couldn't make it any further. And it seems the Covet Driving School is basically expelled from the Endurodrome, no pun intended.

Results: Covet Driving School - Lap 2 (3.1 miles) - Overheating

Faster doesn't necessarily mean better. And the tuned convertible variant of the Maluch wasn't just popping wheelies, but it was also rolling over a lot, to the point where the front left wheel was pointing where it shouldn't be. And at lap three is where steering was virtually done for, especially when the wheel was pointing the wrong way. An d unlike the original Maluch, this version couldn't go any further than that.

Results: Maluch 126p (Tuned Convertible) - Lap 3 (4.2 miles) - Steering

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice