The Crew

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by FluffyOreoCX, Sep 16, 2016.

1. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

I'm considering downloading The Crew, because it's free and I like games with vehicles. Is it a good game to play? Are the graphics any good? Rate it on a 1-10 scale. (10 being the best)

• Like Like x 2
  2. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

The graphics are pretty good.

Guess what? That's on NVIDIA graphics!

3. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

Gameplay in my opinion is not very good...AI is horrible, economy is not that good, multiplayer community is not that good, Graphics are decent, not great though (only on console, you can upgrade graphics on PC), due to the size of the world. Match making is decent. sounds sometimes go off weirdly. Again just my opinion but I guess if you want something to play when your bored since its free now...

EDIT: I would say 5.5/10

#3 Dealercrash, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  4. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

The more you play , the less 'points' it gets. after the story (it's veeery short) is done, there isnt much to do except exploring the map. That's my optinion. i was extremely hyped when the game came out , but got pretty disappointed after some days.

9 for the map
    4 for the game itself
    1 for end game content
    6 for the graphics

~ 5.

It's not worth the 50€ it costed once , but it's worth to download for free.

5. Zach88

Zach88
    Expand Collapse

Hello! I'm 1 day old in this forum so bare with me.

The Crew is great, but keep in mind the developers do not give a flying buck about their customers and so it is laggy, there are glitches, and it is very hard to earn money in the game.
    Of course this game is awesome though! It has surprisingly fun physics and the cars are great, expensive but great. The customisation is very strong and you wont have to worry about having the same car as other people. Since the game is free, I'd suggest maybe putting 5-10$ (IRL) in game currency if you want to have fast cars (you must have fast cars to make good money)

So, in conclusion, its very fun, addicting, pretty and interesting to explore, but in exchange it can be laggy, glitchy and has almost no support. I'd say give it a try. But since the Wild Run update, it wont even launch for me :/ Oh well..

There is also a situation where even gamers with good setups tend to have 20-30 fps. But that is just bad luck.

Im rating it 7/10 (because I can no longer play it)

6. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

Free, where? Last i checked it was 30$

Also if you like simple racing tuning games (nfs) you'll probably like the crew (more similar to nfs the run imo)

7. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

On uplay on pc

• Like Like x 1
  8. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

Making an uplay account now :b

9. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

It is 22gb by the way, I downloaded it today

10. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

meh, i have downloaded bigger games :b

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

In short, I wouldn't bother.
    From what I have played (about 40 mins at which point I decided to play another game instead) the map is actually kinda impressive. However, the game is so focused on hammering its story across your head that it may take you a while to get the point where you are allowed to roam the map. The story really didn't do anything for me, in the intro they introduce 1 character only to kill them off about 2 mins later, then they base the entire story around that, the issue is they forgot to make the player give a crap. If I have only known the main character for 5 mins before introducing the other character then I have no emotional investment in them. It seems they tried incredibly hard on the story but forgot to make it engaging, when I started the game, I wanted to drive cars in an open world. It will take you over an hour before they let you.

The driving, is very meh. I played with my steering wheel and I would suggest you don't, a keyboard or controller will work better. The car did not feel connected to the road in any way, everything was very unresponsive and it felt like the game was controlling the car for me, I had all assists turned off and was using the manual gearbox, although it was very difficult to tell when to change gear because they didn't design the game to support gears, so you can't tell from the engine noises and there is little other indication. I guess on that front I am happy I only had to spend about 1/3 of the time playing actually driving a car.

Equally, wtf is that guy doing with the steering wheel, that's not how you drive...

In most games the wheel in game moves with your own wheel. It was incredibly distracting for it to wobble around like that.

They seem to try and tutorialise EVERYTHING and they do it all right at the start. The other issue is that there seem to be a lot of systems in the game that add complexity to the game but absolutely 0 depth or fun to it. Equally when you start the game ALL upgrades are locked, so you can't do any of the car customisation at the start of the game.

Oh, and there is micro transactions.

TL;DR
    Play Test Drive Unlimited (1 or 2) instead. If you have a Console, play any Midnight Club game.
    Although since it is free you may as well give it a go like I did.

#11 aljowen, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  12. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

It's free, why not give it a go!

EDIT

Holy crap is this game arcade-y. Like above post said, the driving response with a wheel is just gross.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

weird, why it is not free on my end?

edit: nvm found it it was in ubi 30

• Like Like x 1
  14. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

I have read y'all's reviews very carefully, and decided to download it and see where it takes me. I greatly appreciate the responses! If I hate it then I'll just delete it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

I'd give it about 7/10, but I play it just for the random exploring. The map is great but the story and pretty much everything else is meh. I'd say it's worth it for free (in fact, I'm downloading it now).

• Like Like x 1
  16. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

It's a trash game. I've bought many games and this is the only one I truly regret. Even if it's free it's not worth wasting Internet and hard drive space.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

After playing Midnight Club (3) on the PS2 I was really excited for this to come out. After buying used from GameStop (ps4 edition), Its ok. Graphics are great in some spots but then just fail in others. It plays smooth(ish). Concept is a 8 or 9 out of 10. execution is 5-7 out of 10 depending on what your judging the game on. It is very arcade in handling, so definitly more like your average NFS game. If its free, then take advantage of it, I would just put on an external HD if your worried about your computers space.

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

This may be personal preference. But I find that any of the Midnight club games feel better to play since you feel in control (LA possibly to a slightly lesser extent). Say for instance on MC3 Dub edition the cars are very fast feeling and react when you tell them to turn. In the Crew I found that the handling felt very slow and unresponsive. For people who treat the analogue stick like an on/off switch this is perfect though. Which in my experience is the majority of people, however many games manage to make it work both ways too.
    I find it very odd that the game has ffb and a really fantastic settings menu (with graphs and all the settings you could ever need [even if they do only fill 1/10th of the screen with them and then make you scroll]) for calibrating steering wheels yet is so blatantly not made for them (even when in 180deg mode with an aggressive linearity curve).
    In other words, someone put a lot of care and attention into adding fantastic steering wheel support into the game. Yet the game feels awful with a steering wheel due to its driving mechanics and imo should only be played with a controller or keyboard.

19. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

I'd say why not,mice seen videos on the crew and YBR did a series on it so it should be ok

20. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

9/10 since
    -Graphics are great
    -Huge variety of cars
    -Have lots of game play activity
    -Fun physics (Try to tap a running train)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice