The Abandoned Vehicle Pictures/Stories Thread

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by Nathan24™, Apr 30, 2017.

1. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

What is that orange car?

2. Jordanplaysmc

Jordanplaysmc
    Expand Collapse

That is a Toyota Sprinter

3. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

A single Cheetah replicate abandoned somewhere in the middle of a field in the countryside. This was reported to the local sheriff :)

screenshot_00072.png screenshot_00073.png screenshot_00077.png screenshot_00079.png

#23 psy_lo, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

5. psy_lo

psy_lo
    Expand Collapse

This is Cheetah from Torque 3D, the BeamNG's 3d engine ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. erniz

erniz
    Expand Collapse

Found that Pessima in woods, crashed 3-5 days ago.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00004.png
    • screenshot_00005.png
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

#27 Nathan24™, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Dr.Balbarian

Dr.Balbarian
    Expand Collapse

While visiting family in Ohio, I met an old friend of mine who told me of his grandpas passing. His grandpa owned the final production V8 Moonhawk in 1978, which he built the motor for at the Moonhawk assembly plant. He parked the car with just a little over 258 mi on the odometer in January of 1981, where all it did was sit. In 1983, tired of people asking if he would sell it he hid the car in the back of his property away from the road so no one could see it, where it sat up until now, in May of 2017. Bearing it's original 258 mi 378 motor.

Sitting back where he put it, during the 90's there was a really bad flood that turned the area into a swamp, the cars bumper just barely touching a natural water pocket.

Upon closer inspection we found that someone had snuck onto the property and stole the door and passenger seat from the car. Other than that most of the car was there visual wise. Other than the broken glass.

The car even had the last plate and tags he put on the car to "Keep it legal to sit, so it can't be placed under abandonment." (Actual Ohio law, if a car sits too long it can be titled as abandoned unless you keep the tags up to date.)

The interior is more than gone, but the original gauge cluster was still in.

Carefully we pulled it out, avoiding any more structural damage than what already exists.

At last! The poor ol' girl finally sees a road after 34 years.

Once on the trailer we took her into town to a good friends restoration shop, where she is currently being restored to her former glory!

On the trip home, such an amazing feeling!

The family didn't want to charge me to take the car, but with enough research I found this car to be in it's current condition worth around $8,000, so I told the family the least I can do is half that, so $4,000 later, and I have a one of a kind car, with one hell of a back story, can't wait till shes done!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Can you show how it looks when it is restored?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

abandoned on the beach
    screenshot_00345.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. waste_engineer

waste_engineer
    Expand Collapse

These cars were abandoned in 2007 after crashing.

Attached Files:

• nice.png
    • cool.png
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dr.Balbarian

Dr.Balbarian
    Expand Collapse

After Countless hours of work and about $70,000+ later, I present the "Final V8."

Below is the build process.

After getting the car back to the lot, we immediately started working, taking parts off and prepping them for rebuild.

Me and my crew took every panel off, and every bit of the interior till we just had a frame, suspension and a body.

Surprisingly the 378 wasn't in that bad of shape.

The shocks and springs were so bad it couldn't even support itself even without the motor or transmission.

Eventually it was brought down to just the frame, to which we sent it off to get powder coated.

The frame came back, looking fresh, and as good as it was factory, if not better.

The body was put back on ready to be painted.

Motor installed we got to work and fitted every part back on, completing the car after four laborious months of work.

The Final V8 Moonhawk being driven out of the garage under it's own power, after nearly 34 years.

Ready to go on her maiden voyage!

Final appraisal valued the cars worth to be an astounding $172,000! The car is now being showed at car shows, and is going to Pebble Beach next year. The family is more than excited at what their grandfathers car has become, and know he would be proud of our work.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Barn Finds

In the 1980s, 3 old cars were found in an old industrial barn. They were owned by a man who passed away in a car accident so that is why they are sitting there, and people think these cars are possessed by the ghost of the man, so people never went into the barn to rescue the cars. There is an orange Bruckell Moonawk Drag, a Burnside Special Police Package, and a green Gavril Barstow Tracksport Package. It is a shame these old rides were left there.

Mod Link: https://beamng.com/resources/barstow-beater.2304/

• Like Like x 2
  14. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

Found this thing in the Utah desert.
    upload_2017-5-28_19-10-32.png
    Found all the salvagable bits I could. The entire front subframe was bent and rusted, though the frame itself wasn't too bad.
    upload_2017-5-28_19-12-2.png
    Took it apart and prepared it for painting.
    upload_2017-5-28_19-13-28.png
    Painted
    upload_2017-5-28_18-56-13.png
    Done!
    upload_2017-5-28_19-8-45.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

I found an old ETK I series at the ETK center i guess it wrecked into the forest and was never recovered

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00051.png
    • screenshot_00053.png
    • screenshot_00051.png
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Honest Nick

Honest Nick
    Expand Collapse

Today I managed to catch a glimpse of a auto graveyard near an abandoned runway. Cars there were stored for years, and most of them have already sprouted rust. Some of them do not have spare parts.
    I waited for the sunset and photographed the whole thing:
    screenshot_00089.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

Oldsmobile Old And Rusty Oldsmobile left there for 32 Years.
    screenshot_00006.png

• Like Like x 3
  18. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

55 year ago.....
    screenshot_00401.png
    future*

• Like Like x 1
  19. MashedPotatonator

MashedPotatonator
    Expand Collapse

While I was spending the day at the southern Philippine island of Mindanao, I stumbled across an old rural industrial park. I decided to take a few pictures of the cars there.

The first abandoned car that I saw was this old 1976 Bruckell Moonhawk. It was owned by an old retiree from the United States, who brought it with him when he migrated in 1980. He sadly passed away in the late 90s, and so his car was left here after it was auctioned off to a junk shop.

The next car was this fairly interesting 1991 Ibishu CITYmar which was used as a taxi. It seemed to have had a tough life, but served its operator well as it has traveled 550,000 kilometers. The last registration sticker shows it was last used in 2002 and has probably been abandoned here since then. It also has the writing put on by the taxi operator still intact!

Now the last car was a surprise. A rare USDM 1992 ETK iSeries 3000i ttSport. These were only sold as a European version locally here, but this one is imported from California and even still has the plate there. My suspicion is that it was attempted to have been smuggled into the country, but was confiscated due to laws regarding the disallowance of importing used cars into the country implemented a few years ago. Shame. Looks to have been sitting for at least 5-10 years.

#39 MashedPotatonator, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Now that is what you call an 'Old'smobile!

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice