Terrain Popping Through Road

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Brendan, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Brendan

Brendan
    Expand Collapse

I am working on a map and currently the road is completely fine, except for one section. The sand is showing as if it's on top of the road when it's smooth, however when the road is all messed up and rough, the road surface shows on top. Any idea on how to fix this?

2. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

That happens when you import the heightmap, it only updates the road decals when you open the map or when you move one of the points of that road section. At least I think that's why this is happening for you.

3. Brendan

Brendan
    Expand Collapse

So just reopen it and it should be fine? I didn't have time to mess with it last night (this issue was bugging me two days ago). Sorry I am so new to map editing. Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I just placed a new section of road over it. It looks decent, so I am going to go with it! Thank you.

4. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

If you move any point (the blue/green squares on the road spline) the road will update to the heightmap under it; you don't need to make a new road.

5. Brendan

Brendan
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I was wondering, have you ever had a texture issue when you resize a road to 8? No matter which way I tried it, the roads would get all jagged when I made the road size 8. Any solutions that you know of?

Also, what's the max size (Km) that we can have?

#5 Brendan, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  6. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Hmm, you shouldn't have issues unless you put the spline (road) through extreme circumstances like having it turn way too sharp or go from 20m wide to 2m wide in a single car length or something. Both of which will look awful :D

7. Brendan

Brendan
    Expand Collapse

It was 10 and it was totally straight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice