Taxi Gameplay Mode

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by YellowRusty, May 14, 2018.

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-5-13_17-18-8.png

Given that Beamng now has a "bus routes" gameplay mode, I think that there might be a second gameplay mode that repurposes existing assets to add even more content - Taxi mode.

Players would be presented with a menu similar to that of the "quickrace" or "bus routes" modes, with the "select route/track" box in the lower-left corner replaced by a "select area" variable that would allow the player to select either the entire map or a specific 1km2 area. A customizable time limit would be available under "Settings".
    upload_2018-5-13_17-8-47.png

Players would then spawn at a predetermined point within their chosen map, immediately being presented with an overlaid map as seen in the "Rocky Start" campaign. Several locations for passenger pickup would be highlighted within the player's chosen area.
    Careermodemap.jpg

Players would then proceed to that spot, pause to "pick up a passenger", and only then would they become aware of where the passenger would have to be dropped off within the preselected area. Players would have to drive there and "drop the passenger off", with both drives having optional guidance in the form of leaders, as was the case in the "Rocky Start" campaign:

leader.jpg

Each drive would have a payout based on the mileage plus an initial charge. The objective would be to earn as much money as possible within the set time limit, with "best times" being displayed as the best runs in money earned per minute of gameplay.

Best of all, the Taxi gameplay mode could make use of a wide variety of existing vehicles. The Grand Marshal wouldn't have to be the only option, as there are already several sedans in-game and in-development that would be suitable for the task.

Hit the "agree" button on this post to show your support! ↓

#1 YellowRusty, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 35
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

It did strike me as being a little... trendy(?) that the newest vehicle got its own dedicated mode of play. That of the five buttons that will at some point provide all the means of play to the player, one is wholly dedicated to a single vehicle.

So I figured that after some time passes, and the novelty of the bus begins to wear off, that the devs may conjoin the bus routes with taxi routes and deliveries, under the umbrella of a non-racing quickplay mode (or possibly placing bus/taxi routes, deliveries, and racing all under the same quickplay mode).

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

No need you just choose a car and the game will take you to a random starting point and you will have to pickup passengers from random locations and the game is time based so if you chose a 15 minute game you should drop off all passengers for that game.

Uber=Ewber pick any car with 5 or more seats and do the exact same thing:)

4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I will ONLY support this if we get this song to play in the background and a supercharged grand marshall taxi.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Oh my God really

6. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Really.

7. SwagMaster11

SwagMaster11
    Expand Collapse

Are you kidding?

8. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

No.

9. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I would enjoy this, and if it does ever make it into the game I hope it comes with a few more taxi skins for some other vehicles.
    I would probably enjoy this a lot better than the bus routes especially if it has different types of passengers (ex: a guy that is late for work could say something like "Hey I'm late for work! Take me to Snooze News now! And step on it!"
    there could also be something like one of those really talkative passengers, which generate random text on the screen once in a while (ex: so the other day I *blahblahblahbah*).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. losr

losr
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

there could probably be a mod made for the bus routes mode where you use a taxi instead of the bus

11. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Unlike buses, taxis do not follow routes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice