1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Can you edit and port over taxi ads?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eggward, Nov 30, 2021.

1. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to port the Grand Marshal Taxi ad over to other cars like the covet? I'm trying to make a custom little covet cab config, and one of the most defining things about a cab are those little signs. I've seen other mods have them and I'd like to know how.

Sorry for bad English, I'm American.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

I also want to know if it's possible to edit the image on the taxi ad so I can create my own (and also shitpost with them).

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The second one is easy. Just go to the common folder and you can find the default ads there, as well as Jbeam and materials for them. You can add a new one the same way.
    As for adding the ad carrier to all cars... Not easy, first you need a different model for each car that fits the roof shape, second you need different Jbeam...

4. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

alright, the image making sounds easy enough. couldn't i theoretically make a universal taxi ad carrier without having to do too much? then again, making a jbeam sounds like where i'd run into a brick wall.

5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Theoretically you could make a roof bars load that is the taxi ad and it would work on all vehicles that have roof bars

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice