1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Suspension Tune

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chevy65, Feb 27, 2020.

1. chevy65

chevy65
    Expand Collapse

Need help getting a good BAJA style suspension tune everything i have come up with is either way to stiff or so soft it breaks. most everything i have tried is too stiff.

2. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

the method i use for almost any suspension tuning is to lower the damping rates as low as they'll go, and then adjust only the spring rates. then, add damping effect afterwards.

for baja, i recommend fairly soft springs (if you have enough travel not to bottom out). decently stiff rebound on your shocks, and low-medium bump damping. for fast bump damping, set it lower than regular bump damping. this will ensure that during really fast bumps (like small stuff) the suspension will bounce over it as it should, and on slower speed stuff it will absorb more of the impact without compressing as much. stiff rebound means you'll be less likely to bounce back into the air after landing. bigger jumps require stiffer rebound and stiffer springs.

also, check out the prerunner mod. i forget the exact name, but it's got really plush yet effective suspension.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice