1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Sunburst DCT shifting problems?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by wearyNATE15, Feb 10, 2017.

1. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

So I was driving the sunburst 2.0 Sport WITH MODS and noticed the shifting was wonky. So I disabled all mods and tried again, exactly the same. It doesnt want to shift at any throttle until about 5500 RPM, When it finally does shift, It downshifts as soon as it can to stay high in the RPM range. Also, When in manual mode, It acts really odd when shifting without any throttle. I recorded this and it will be down below. I recorded Without mods.

Also I dont know why the audio is messed up

Attached Files:

2. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else have this problem?

3. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

I don't see anything wrong, I think the DCTs are currently not set up for cruising, hence the high RPMs.
    It also rev matches when shifting down, so that's probably what you refer to as odd ;)

4. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I notice this. It seems to operate as an automated-manual shifting at the top of the rev range no matter the throttle - it's not working as an automatic.

5. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Well a DCT is not an automatic, it's exactly what you said, an automated manual. Not that it makes a difference setup wise...

• Like Like x 1
  6. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

I just thought since there was a Regular DCT and a Racing DCT that the regular would be more MPG efficient and act normal..ly...

7. btcb48

btcb48
    Expand Collapse

There isn't the transmission logic for it to readjust shift points on the fly when the car is being driven economically or aggressively.

Hence the "lowShiftUpRPM" (and low shift down) is set up high for the DCTs to prevent gear hunting. If it's set low for economy like the other 80's-90's automatics, it'll go straight to top gear when you lift for corners and will have to down shift almost immediately when gassing it out of the corner. (BeamNG really only has time trial and pursuit events for the Sunburst at the moment so I guess that's why.)

My suggestion for a temp fix (if one knows how to mod) would be to reduce the 2 low shift RPM values (for eco-shifts) and add the S mode for sporty driving. (PRNDM becomes PRNDSM)

S is a little too aggressive compared to real life but it would at the very least allow for D to become the 'eco-mode'.

Note that the mechanical IRL twins of the turbo Sunbursts have sporty automatic modes like the modern ETKs.

All this applies to the SBR too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it is permanently on race mode, but I guess Sunburst is going to have some of that maintenance time at some point as compared to Etk 800, Sunburst is not quite on same version number, ESC and Turbo are also aspects that are not as much optimized in Sunburst as those in Etk 800 and I guess maintenance of vehicles that takes quite bit of time according to some posts, is something that will happen on some point.

I made simple template mod that has btcb48's suggested sport mode enabled, which you need to replace 0 values in vehicle controller section to get it to work, I put in some basic example values too to get you started. It is more to show how you can create new transmission mod, but should make easy start for anyone not modded before, just replace my name with your own and those 0 values with something proper and after that make same kind of folder structure into zip, drag it to mods folder and you are all set.

Attached Files:

9. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

The Volkswagen DSG will agressively (yet very smoothly) search for the highest gear. Even in sport mode it will shift up at around 2,5k - 3k rpm already when driving in a normal manner. Full throttle and it'll rev up to the optimal shifting point (high rpm's). It mostly drives like a traditional automatic transmission, but with the lack of smoothness from a torque converter.

I too found that the Sunburst DCT will let the engine rev up to 5k rpm before shifting, even with light throttle. Using an Xbox One controller.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice