Suggestions for Walking Mode / Interactivity

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ImJacksBrother, Apr 17, 2021.

1. ImJacksBrother

ImJacksBrother
    Expand Collapse

Hi.

Im just wondering, could there be interactive buttons for driver mode? For instance, clickable and working engine button, or working clickable turn signals and windshield wipers, and also adding clickable seatbelts? This is a suggestion after all, and it would make the game more realistic than it already is, and also, could you add jerry cans that you could pickup to fuel your car with along with clickable fuel caps? Someone did make an openable mod, but im wondering if it can be made into a official game feature.

Is this impossible?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

I mean, there are a few UI apps you could use...

3. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

I think he means something like triggers on the doors, and for example a trigger in side of the seat for seat belt or triggers on/behind the steering wheel to start engine and turn on blinkers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It should be possible but it would make a mess in the 1st person camera on the dashboard with all the trigger boxes glowing everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

i might be the minority and it might not be implemented in beamng but i think clickable buttons inside the car should be more common. I've only seen Netkar Pro and MSC have that.

6. NicOz

NicOz
    Expand Collapse

Just make so they don't highlight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Something like fernbus or tourist bus sim or even omsi?. Yea even I had this idea. Shouldn't be too hard to implement the triggers, but the animations for it will probably take a longer time to make.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

Yeah I think making it work like OMSI, where it shows the "grabbing" cursor when you hover over the interactable object and also maybe showing a text description, since the highlighted boxes don't look good to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

The official cars doesn't have fuel caps, and since there is nobody in the car, clickable seatbelts would serve nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ImJacksBrother

ImJacksBrother
    Expand Collapse

Makes sense. I mean, I sorta would also like for Beam to add meshes so that you design your own avatar for the game. Also, for them to fix the automation search bug (for me, at least)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice