1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Suddenly Low FPS

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Twitch Axis, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I've been playing BeamNG.drive for about 3 years now and I have been playing on my new gaming pc for about 8 months. I have a 60htz monitor therefore I lock my fps at 60 in all of my games. I always have had a steady 60fps or just under 60 in dense areas, and this is with all the settings maxed out. I've noticed this fps difference since the other day when I cleaned up my PC. I cleaned my trash bin, deleted some random files and folders and I organized my content. I run beam off a 7200 rpm HDD and it has worked well as I mentioned before. For the past two days my fps has been terrible. I was running the Italy map, which I think is slower for most people just because of its extreme detail and size. I got nearly half the fps I usually get...an average of around 35fps, dipping to 32fps in large areas of trees and buildings. My game has NEVER run this slow ever. I immediately got off the Italy map and tried something different. I went to pure grid, and I got 56 fps off pure grid! The game was shaky and stuttering. The performance wasn't smooth at all. I'm not sure at all why this would happen since I cleaned my PC, but my immediate thought was blaming my HDD for some of the slow downs and stuttering. I defragged my HDD and then cleared the cache of my game and nothing has changed. Still buggy and slow. I haven't tested any other games but my PC is performing well doing every other task I need except playing beam. Please help and give me suggestions...and for the love of God please don't tell me to get an SSD because I know I need one but at the moment I just can't afford to replace my HDD with an SDD of the same size. So here are my specs below.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE AB350 Gaming 3
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x @ 3.7GHz
    CPU Cooling: Deepcool Captain 120EX RGB Gamer Storm
    RAM: 16GB [8GBx2] GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080TI Aorus Xtreme Edition
    PSU: 1000W PSU (High Power)​
    --- Post updated ---
    UPDATE: I installed a new BIOS Version and now I'm getting the best FPS ever, and better than before. Didn't expect it to make a difference, but I guess when your 5 versions back it could...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice