Street Racing

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by CarsAreLife77, Feb 16, 2018.

1. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

This thread is going to be about street racing, whether in games or your thoughts on them.
    THIS THREAD IS NOT TO ENCOURAGE STREET RACING. REAL STREET RACING IS DANGEROUS AND IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM. NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY TO STREET RACE IN REAL LIFE.
    Anyway, post your replies on street racing. Personally, street racing is becoming quite common in my area, I cant hear people street racing every other day.
    --- Post updated ---
    Can hear*

2. iplaybeam

iplaybeam
    Expand Collapse

as far as i can tell in california, theirs not a lot street racing, but car meets though ...

3. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

In Malaysia there's some young people riding illegally modified motorcycles for racing, and known as "Mat Rempit" to people.

4. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

The street racers in my area usually race (I'm guessing) from like 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.

5. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

That's early. All the high schoolers in their rice burner civics fire up their fart cans at like 12:00AM to 2 in the morning.

6. iplaybeam

iplaybeam
    Expand Collapse

lol, im better off turboing my mom old Honda Odyssey than to buy a new civic

7. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Like this?
    Not mine, it belongs to a Youtube channel named BoostedBoiz

Attached Files:

• 20180120_110729.jpg
  8. iplaybeam

iplaybeam
    Expand Collapse

somewhat more of a sleeper, but yeah
    --- Post updated ---
    but im broke, so time to add a fake turbo with a fake turbo whistle, 9% better than a fart canon

9. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm talking about when I'm awake, after I go to sleep around 10, I don't know how long they race for. So far I've haven't actually SEEN them street racing, but lord knows I can HEAR them. Only time I saw a street race was in broad daylight before the actual street racing "craze" started in my area. It was two Mustangs lining up off on the right of the road (cause it's one of those streets that's only two-lane, but is like four lanes wide). I didn't SEE them race, but I definitely saw them line up to race.

10. iplaybeam

iplaybeam
    Expand Collapse

best advice, see what their up to in a mainstream car

11. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

Saw the most BIZARRE thing on the road last night. I was going down a semi-busy road in my town when a guy on a dresser (it's a type of motorcycle) pulled out of a parking lot and HUALED down the road. He catches up to four other guys on bikes. At first, I thought oh, there just a group of bikers going out for a ride. Ha, no. Al five of 'em were going 70 - 80 mph with five commuters around them. We reach an intersection and I stop in the left turn lane cause the light was red. Although, the light is green for the bikers and they zoom by. then about TEN MORE bikers come by going just as fast, if not faster. In fact, a biker got into THE SAME LANE that a Chevy Cruze was already traveling in. You guys now how the medians on a road start at a crosswalk at an intersection? I kid you not, the biker nearly shoved the Chevy INTO WHERE THE MEDIAN STARTS. Seriously, one of the bikers nearly caused a crash. The Chevy was less than a foot from the median.

12. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

On the highway by my area during the summer between 11pm and 4am you get a couple of bike racers.

13. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

Thing is though, the youngest guy in that group of bikers would've probably been in his late 20's. These are literally grown men doing this stupid stuff.

14. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

A couple of my friends and me did a 0 to 50 kph duel starting from the lights just to see wich car is faster but thats about it where i live just small pulls and so on

15. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Theres no street racing where I live, even though some people still do the drag at the lights with an underpowered 1.0L cars and I drive a 2.4L Diesel Volvo V60, I usually always beat them, its like 90bhp vs 201bhp (205PS metric), I refuse to do street racing since I know the risks and I know the insurance rate on me would not cover it, so when in doubt be the elderly grandfather driver on the road and if anyone is stupid enough to take you on at the lights then out drag them

The A720, Edinburgh City Bypass, near Edinburgh Airport is a 3 lane into 2 and whoever gets to the merging of the outer lanes first goes ahead from what I have found its usually the 3 lane drag I just have to watch how much throttle I use going in at speed on a left hand bend then put the foot to the deck and never lift it as I upshift to get ahead, thats the only time I permit myself to be a bit of a boy racer the rest of the time you will find me driving around like I have Queen Elizabeth II in the back seat....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice